My 86 GTS Hatchback

yaggi482

My 86 GTS Hatchback

Postby yaggi482 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:10 am

Hey everyone!

I've been passively browsing these boards for about a year and half. This past summer I finally found a local 1986 GTS hatchback for sale and purchased it. It was passionately cared for and restored by the previous owner who had it for 20+ years. Body has around 150k miles (odometer), but only 40-50k on the motor and trans which were swapped from a JDM model back in the late 90s. Webber carbs, TRD cams, HKS cam gears, TRD header, MSD ignition round out the engine upgrades. Interior was completely stock and in pristine condition. Intrax lowering springs, KYB shocks, larger swaybars handle suspension upgrades. I added the OEM door decals and swapped the headlights out for Cibies, but really have no plans to do anything further, other than looking for some OEM snowflake wheels.

I've only taken it out a few times, but love it and can't wait to bring it back out of winter storage.

I do need to sort out some wheel rubbing issues on moderate cornering....it might be sitting too low or wheels/tires are too wide - not sure yet. So, some coilovers might be in my future.

Anyways, please enjoy a few pics of the car!

GTSGIF1.gif

GTSGIF2.gif

GTSGIF3.gif

AE86Kai
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: My 86 GTS Hatchback

Postby AE86Kai » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:18 am

I have owned several RED cars in the past and I was never fan of it.
But...your car is simply gorgeous and I would love to drive it around here in Tokyo AS IS...!!
Please don't install any aftermarket body parts...not even JDM bumpers...just my opinion.
Again, your car is one of the clean & simple looking AE86 that I have not seen it for a while.... ;)

yaggi482

Postby yaggi482 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:08 pm

Thanks! Yes, I don't have any plans to change the exterior. I do really like the JDM look, but am going hold off acting on that urge!

notnilc20
Club4AG Pro

Postby notnilc20 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:25 am

Looks fantastic! Congrats!