AE86 GTS Build

aaronlee133
Club4AG Expert

AE86 GTS Build

Postby aaronlee133 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:13 pm

Hey fellas,

See alot of awesome builds on here and wanted to share mine's... not as 'hard-core' as some of these posts with custom fabrication etc but a build nonetheless. I'm actually recording it as I go along on an instagram account I created: https://www.instagram.com/akc_lee/.

My main purpose here is to build a fun, reliable, auto-x/track car but still keeping to its originality. Enjoy and Merry Christmas, everyone.

-Aaron

Grant
Club4AG Expert

Re: AE86 GTS Build

Postby Grant » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:05 pm

Wow that's a clean engine rebuild. Very similar to what I want to do when I go through a rebuild. :)

How much work did you outsource to shops? Just block/head work?

aaronlee133
Club4AG Expert

Postby aaronlee133 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:04 pm

Thanks, Grant. I outsourced 2 items: 1) head cleaning/shaving/shimming. This was performed by Shingo @ Bluemoon Performance over here in Costa Mesa. He built Ken Gushi's 2JZ formula drift motor in his FR-S, and 2) fuel injectors by RC-Engineering over here in Torrance, CA to get cleaned and flow inspected. Everything else done in my garage. I will be back to bluemoon to get my Kaaz LSD installed since I don't have the proper tools and such to set backlash.

I intended this to be more fun and hands-on so to the extent I could I did everything myself. Along the way I of course bought air compressor and tools, 20-ton press, cherry picker, and a bunch of other miscellaneous tools and items. Took a while to assess/identify, and stock pile ALL the parts needed, too... either ordering directly from Toyota here in the US or straight from Japan. If anything, feel much more comfortable with the ins-n-outs of the car.

Working on cooling (as my last post indicates) and will be replacing steering rack (to manual), BMC, and clutch MC and slave.

trigun402
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby trigun402 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:56 pm

You should post all the picture here on the forum. Want to see bigger images. :D