my 84 ae86 drift-slut build

rcs666

my 84 ae86 drift-slut build

Postby rcs666 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:41 pm

hey all, new to 86's, but not toyotas. I recently traded my mx73 cressida for this guy's project 1984 ae86 sr5, thats probably just gonna be my little drift slut.

overall it's in pretty rough shape. most of the interior is gutted, the bumpers are missing, the sunroof is missing, and the quarter glass isn't installed (but I have it)

currently has a pretty rough looking 4ac in there. the good news is that it came with a freshly built 3tc

and a t50 trans with a 3tc bellhousing

it came with a bunch of extra stuff: driveshaft, gauge cluster, a pretty ratty looking weber, a couple super rusty clutches and flyweels, the intake and exhaust manifolds, etc. I picked up a complete dash, center console and a hood latch off craigslist for $45 yesterday. installed the hood latch already, gonna wait to get the glass installed before i install the dash.

stuff i still need to aquire:
starter
distributor
clutch, flyweel, shift fork
bumpers
new wheels
new seats
carpet
door mirrors
lsd or weld the diff?

and i don't even want to start thinking about suspension stuff yet haha

Dream86

Re: my 84 ae86 drift-slut build

Postby Dream86 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:22 pm

Lots of work to be done here, so have fun with it! Gonna stick with the 4ac for a while, or do you have any change in plans?

rcs666

Re: my 84 ae86 drift-slut build

Postby rcs666 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:30 pm

yeah, alot of work lol. i would love to throw a 2jz or a 1uz in there, but since i already have most of the stuff for the 3tc swap I'll probably just roll with that, and try and get a little more power out of it.