MtLemmon86's Corolla Resto, then 7age stuff

MtLemmon86
Club4AG Enthusiast

MtLemmon86's Corolla Resto, then 7age stuff

Postby MtLemmon86 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:31 pm

So i decided to get this over with instead of just updating my non build thread when i do stuff. So I bought my Corolla October 10, 2014 from a less than stellar human being. On paper it had two owners before me and a mere 77,000 original miles! Oddly the motor had been rebuilt 30,000 miles before.....it was advertised as only needing a clutch. After around $2100 in parts after the clutch and many hours in the garage I had a mechanically perfect Corolla! I apologize in advance for the lack of pictures for the first part, I didn't have a photographer and I didn't really stop to take pictures of anything. This is how it sat when I picked her up,

Stock except for a 4.25" exhaust tip shoddily welded on to the stock exhaust. Sorry again for the lack of pictures of this part but this is what was done prior to driving the car at all.
-Tie rod ends and rack and pinion boots
-Spark Plugs
-Timing belt & Tensioners
-Cam Seal
-Water Pump
-Front Crank Seal
-Valve Cover Gaskets
-Battery
-Distributor
-Wheel Bearings
-Rewired starter and Alternator
-Replaced leaking diff seals
-MAF twice
-Radiator and Thermostat
-Removed and cleaned gas tank
-Clutch and shift fork and added a lightweight flywheel

Thats not necessarily all in the right chronological order but I'm just going off my parts receipts. So more pictures!!

And then after enjoying the car for some time, I began pondering what motor I would swap when I got an unbelievable deal on a complete 7age set up!

MtLemmon86
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: MtLemmon86's Corolla Resto, then 7age stuff

Postby MtLemmon86 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:40 pm

And although I haven't recognized anybody from my other forums on here...the gold car is still relatively top secret. Suffice it to say it has eight more cylinders than the Corolla, and at least one turbo.