Project Driftslut

Driftslut
Club4AG Regular

Project Driftslut

Postby Driftslut » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:58 pm

My name is Dan, and I just picked up my first AE86. It's an 84 SR5 hatch that has been GTS swapped minus the rear end. Current plans are for it to be an occasional fun to drive toy/ beginners drift car. I'll start right away and say that I tend to have much different tastes than most of the AE86 crowd. You won't see me shelling out huge sums of money for authentic parts from Japan, and a lot of my stuff may be fabricated or adapted from other vehicles. The car already has a 4A-GE blue top swapped in, with Weisco pistons, ACT clutch, and a Fidanza flywheel. The rear diff has been welded. Image Image

Currently the car is in need of some cancer removal on the floors, as they have some nasty rusted through spots. If I can find donor floor pans I'll use those, if not its getting custom sheet metal replacements. The rest of the body is straight and solid. I plan to ditch the fuel injection and go with R1 bike carbs and a custom manifold, just to be different. The engine harness and ECU will be up for sale in the near future if anyone is interested. (A V6/V8 swap of some sort may be in store farther down the road, because I've got some crazy swap ideas.) After that I'll dig through the interior that's sitting in a giant pile in the hatch from the previous owner. More than likely I'll end up making some bead rolled panels to replace the door panels and what not, since I love doing custom sheet metal work. Exterior wise I'll be looking for fender flares of some sort with a wide wheel/ tire combo, and a light bar custom mounted inside the front bumper for help with night driving. The headlights may even see some sort of led replacement. Paint color is up in the air at this point, but I'm leaning towards a flat army green/ gloss black theme with some exposed metal thrown in. This build will be slow, as my wife and I just welcomed our first daughter into the world. I don't expect this build to be to everyones liking, but please try to remember this is MY car, and I'm not building it to please anyone but myself.

Jeonsah
Club4AG Expert

Re: Project Driftslut

Postby Jeonsah » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:41 pm

Car looks good. Should be lots of fun and work! Keep us posted. Im interested in those supra wheels if you ever decide to get rid of them.

Driftslut
Club4AG Regular

Re: Project Driftslut

Postby Driftslut » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:55 pm

Donor floor pans showed up today! Hopefully I can get started on the rust repair this weekend.