new to the forum

Anything about cars, as long as it's clean...
No offensive language, no profanity, no nudity, nothing that your mom will slap you for...
Be nice to others.
tnevins

new to the forum

Postby tnevins » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:41 am

Hey guys, have used this forum MANY MANY times and would like to start sharing stuff with ya'll . First how can I get some pictures if my car up here for you all to see ?? Any ways I'm originally a Chevy guy, joined the military, moved to Germany and became a BMW guy . Got orders to Japan and now after a few cars Im sticking with the Hachi !! Motor swap and suspension redo soon to come !! but will need to know how to share pics with you guys ....

SidekickChuck
Club4AG Expert

Re: new to the forum

Postby SidekickChuck » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:17 am

Welcome to the forum.

For images, you will have you use an online host to store your pictures. I use photobucket, but there are many others to choose from.

Once you upload you images to the host, they usually provide links to use in order to share the pictures with others. This is where you insert the code/text to post them on the forum. This particular forum software uses BBCode which says to use the following:

Code: Select all

Adding an image to a post
    phpBB BBCode incorporates a tag for including images in your posts. Two very important things to remember when using this tag are: many users do not appreciate lots of images being shown in posts and secondly the image you display must already be available on the internet (it cannot exist only on your computer for example, unless you run a webserver!). To display an image you must surround the URL pointing to the image with [img][/img] tags. For example:

[img]http://www.google.com/intl/en_ALL/images/logo.gif[/img]

Its very easy, but you have to upload your images to a host, then simply wrap it in an image tag so we can all see it.
Silver/Black 1985 ae86 gts Heavens Gate Corolla
2001 Carbon Black e39 M5
89' Supra Twin Turbo 1JZ (sold)

tnevins

Postby tnevins » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:18 am

wow, that seems way too complicated to just share some photos , but thanks for the tech help...

SidekickChuck
Club4AG Expert

Postby SidekickChuck » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:53 am

It's really not hard at all. If it was, nobody would do it. Just upload pics to a host and the rest is simple.
2001 Carbon Black e39 M5

kiosk
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby kiosk » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:37 am

tnevins wrote:wow, that seems way too complicated to just share some photos , but thanks for the tech help...

maybe you're more of a visual person?

The following taken from the "good ol days" of Club4ag.
http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id ... tid=527145

1. Open your browser and go to http://tinypic.com
(there are thousands of free picture hosting sites, Tinypic.com is a good free one that's not going anywhere)

2. Once tinypic.com loads, you will see this screen. Click on the Browse... button.

3. When you click on the Browse... button, a window will pop up so you can find which file you want to upload. Find your file, select it, and hit Open.
Pro Tip: Double-click the file to automatically open it without having to hit the Open button.

4. This will return you to the Tinypic webpage. Click on the UPLOAD NOW! button.

5. After a moment, the page will show a new set of text boxes. Copy the line of code in the second box. What you have copied will be the code you need to paste into Club4AG's forums.

6. You are now ready to paste that line of code into your message at Club4AG or just about any other web forum on the internet.

Go forth and share!

SidekickChuck
Club4AG Expert

Postby SidekickChuck » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:21 pm

Nice picture of my car from years ago
2001 Carbon Black e39 M5

Mr.Fujiwara
Club4AG Expert

Postby Mr.Fujiwara » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:29 pm

welcome to the forums!!

@SidekickChuck nice ride man!!
Old username: Charskiezz

20V BT: Traded For F20c Swap

SidekickChuck
Club4AG Expert

Postby SidekickChuck » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:46 pm

Thanks bud. I can't take the build credit as Jr did most of it. But I initially bought the car only to keep the car in SoCal but ended up loving it.
2001 Carbon Black e39 M5

Clouds
Club4AG Expert

Postby Clouds » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:18 am

Welcome to the forum!
There shouldn't be a day that goes by where you don't learn something new.