Need a price reference

Anything about cars, as long as it's clean...
No offensive language, no profanity, no nudity, nothing that your mom will slap you for...
Be nice to others.
finallymysti

Need a price reference

Postby finallymysti » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:07 pm

What is the value of a 13b swapped ae86 fully caged race car with built suspension? Is this a car with a market? Condition is good. Thank you

notnilc20
Club4AG Pro

Re: Need a price reference

Postby notnilc20 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:56 pm

How's the chassis? Much rust?

Jayrdee
Club4AG Expert

Postby Jayrdee » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:35 pm

finallymysti wrote:What is the value of a 13b swapped ae86 fully caged race car with built suspension? Is this a car with a market? Condition is good. Thank you

Yeah you might have to get a little more specific.

Are we talking, drift slut race car? or N2 race car? Lol.
[I have no idea what I'm doing]

xslowpokex
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby xslowpokex » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:01 am

Yea your post is vague prices vary if its a coupe or hatch, sr5 or gts, carb or FI 13b, what gen engine is it? Is it ported? If its sr5 coupe, carbd with a stock s5 or s4 13b would get much less than a gts hatch with a renesis FI engine lol

oldeskewltoy
Club4AG MASTER

Postby oldeskewltoy » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:31 am

finallymysti wrote:What is the value of a 13b swapped ae86 fully caged race car with built suspension? Is this a car with a market? Condition is good. Thank you

sanctioned race car? Or is it a caged AE86 that is used mostly on track?

In most cases.... A sanctioned car will be worth more then a caged AE86
OST Cyl head porting, - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=300

Building a great engine takes knowing the end... before you begin :ugeek:

Enjoy Life... its the only one you get!

finallymysti

Postby finallymysti » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:11 am

Car is a hatch, not sure if it started as gst or sr5. It's a sanctioned race car. Scca. Clean no rust. Carbed, ported,somewhat built 13b from an 87 rx7. Turn key besides changing fluids. Not a track slut but not the prettiest paint either

aukword1
Club4AG Expert

Postby aukword1 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:33 pm

There is definitely a market for a car like that. The value is debatable. Check the VIN # first to see if it was a GTS or SR5 and that should narrow the value range down. Also, how extensive is the SCCA history on it? I think those two things would matter the most on finding the value of it.

CloudStrife
Club4AG Pro

Postby CloudStrife » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:20 pm

I agree with aukword... If it's a sanctioned car the negotiations with price will be a little more..

Although to me swapping to a 13b brings down the value of the vehicle. I don't like rotary engines, and the whole reason I didn't buy an FC over a piston 4AGe is because of this!

Just my two cents
Success guardian... Successsssssss..

xslowpokex
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby xslowpokex » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:39 pm

CloudStrife wrote:I agree with aukword... If it's a sanctioned car the negotiations with price will be a little more..

Although to me swapping to a 13b brings down the value of the vehicle. I don't like rotary engines, and the whole reason I didn't buy an FC over a piston 4AGe is because of this!

Just my two cents
you are missing out my friend, but FCs are a too big and overweight and do feel like a whale behind the wheel, the FB Gsl-se is golden, lets put it this way, you got to spend about 2k in suspension on an 86 to make it handle like a stock Gsl-se and about 1k under the hood to try and keep up with a stock Gsl-se lol...rotaries are just like pitbulls, there are no bad rotaries just bad owners....

finallymysti

Postby finallymysti » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:41 pm

It's a gts and raced for 8 years in casc

Jayrdee
Club4AG Expert

Postby Jayrdee » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:18 pm

finallymysti wrote:It's a gts and raced for 8 years in casc

I'd be curious to see what this thing looks like

AE86Kai
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby AE86Kai » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:24 am

xslowpokex wrote:
CloudStrife wrote:...rotaries are just like pitbulls, there are no bad rotaries just bad owners....

Sorry for going off the topic but, I must agree 100% to the above statement.
After owning both FC and FD, sounds of rotary engines are nothing but, great harmonies to your ears at both idling and high RPM... :P
Just need to perform regular maintenance, NOTHING special.

13B powered AE86? sounds like a fun...as long as everything is LEGAL for street.

CloudStrife
Club4AG Pro

Postby CloudStrife » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:47 am

I agree man, but why go Rotary with a car that so easily takes straight 4/6 engines? They are far easier to maintain/source parts for.

I don't have anything against Rotaries, they actually are super compact and give you a TON of engine bay space. I'm just not a good enough mechanic to be able to fix everything, and when you have a rotary, you limit your shop options... Just my 2 cents.

Also, remember you are in Japan, where FDs/FCs sell for United States Honda Civic prices ;)
Success guardian... Successsssssss..

AE86Kai
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby AE86Kai » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:59 pm

If I own AE86 today, replacing engine to 13B is definitely NOT an option.
I would like to keep it ORIGINAL as possible that would be same engine type: 4A-G.
AE86 = 1.6 piston engine is my opinion as well.

But, if someone has 13B powered AE86, I would love to sit behind the wheel for a test drive..... ;)
I am not sure about LS1 powered FC or FD...that I saw many of them when I reside in SoCal.

Once again, yes, everyone has different ideas and I respect that for sure.
Sorry for going off the topic again. I wish topic owner would post more information on this 13B powered AE86.

finallymysti

Postby finallymysti » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:56 am

I’m looking to buy the car so don’t have much more info than I have posted. I know it weighs 1800lbs. Has non adjustable coil overs, fully caged. Heim joint rear suspension. Wilwood brakes, 13b with 1.5 hours since rebuild making 230hp(not sure if wheel of crank.) minimal to no rust. Mileage unknown. Ford legends welded diff. Can some one pleas give me an idea of what to spend on this. Thanks

Jayrdee
Club4AG Expert

Postby Jayrdee » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:18 am

finallymysti wrote:I’m looking to buy the car so don’t have much more info than I have posted. I know it weighs 1800lbs. Has non adjustable coil overs, fully caged. Heim joint rear suspension. Wilwood brakes, 13b with 1.5 hours since rebuild making 230hp(not sure if wheel of crank.) minimal to no rust. Mileage unknown. Ford legends welded diff. Can some one pleas give me an idea of what to spend on this. Thanks

Post up some pictures of the car and we'll be able to give you a better idea of what its worth.

finallymysti

Postby finallymysti » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:38 pm

I don’t want to post a link to photos because i don’t want someone to buy it out from under me. Assume everything looks pretty good and clean but it is a race car so not perfect

aukword1
Club4AG Expert

Postby aukword1 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:30 pm

personally I'd pay around 8k for it but I'm sure the guy is asking around 14k or something lol