New Owner

Anything about cars, as long as it's clean...
No offensive language, no profanity, no nudity, nothing that your mom will slap you for...
Be nice to others.
silhouette
Club4AG Regular

New Owner

Postby silhouette » Mon May 15, 2017 12:30 pm

Hi guys I picked up this hatchback in seattle and cannonballed it back to San Francisco.

The car is a total pile; 250K miles, low as hell on BC racing coilovers, all the smog equipment is gone, it's got a orange peel roller job for paint, and some rust in the hatch and spare tire well, but it's more fun than any of the S2000s, miatas, or just about any car i've owned or driven.

I'm looking forward to building it up, and hanging out with you guys.

Jayrdee
Club4AG Expert

Re: New Owner

Postby Jayrdee » Mon May 15, 2017 1:54 pm

Rough around the edges, but all in the right places.

Looks like one hell of a good time to me!
[I have no idea what I'm doing]

silhouette
Club4AG Regular

Postby silhouette » Tue May 16, 2017 7:20 am

Yeah it's a ton of fun. I'm gathering the few remaining smog parts to try to get it registered now. Along with trying to collect the various parts it's missing.

aukword1
Club4AG Expert

Postby aukword1 » Wed May 17, 2017 7:38 am

Nice find and welcome to the club. Let us know what parts you are looking for and someone might be able to help out.

silhouette
Club4AG Regular

Postby silhouette » Wed May 17, 2017 3:32 pm

aukword1 wrote:Nice find and welcome to the club. Let us know what parts you are looking for and someone might be able to help out.

Thanks I'll create a want to buy ad along with adding progress here I suppose. I've gotten most of the smog equipment I think.
Items I absolutely need:
Stock airbox
Charcoal canister

Items I would like to have:
either a TRD header or a stock exhaust manifold (I can get the TRD header exempted by the CA Referee)
Full blue or Full black interior, pretty much every panel after the dash. Which basically means all of this stuff for both driver and passenger:
kick panels
scuff plates
carpet front and rear (have trunk already),
door cards
GTS rear seat side panels
all (5?) trunk panels/speaker covers

Oh and the freaking rod that goes on the driver side door exterior lock. I have no idea how the previous owner lost that thing. It might just be easier to get two doors honestly :(

CFROST
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby CFROST » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:17 am

good bones, congrats on the purchase