Not quite an AE86 - but it will drift!

Anything about cars, as long as it's clean...
No offensive language, no profanity, no nudity, nothing that your mom will slap you for...
Be nice to others.
EvoSolley
Club4AG Enthusiast

Not quite an AE86 - but it will drift!

Postby EvoSolley » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:28 am

This is more of an "Off Topic" post, but I hope this will be ok to post here. Along with my never ending AE86 project, I have also been building a motorized drift trike. It will be powered by a predator 212cc motor. In order to get it "driftable" I still need to get rims/tires, figure out acceleration, as well as how I'm going to stop (I don't think shoes will be enough hahaha). I documented some of the build and made a quick video for anyone interested...I will update this post when Its finished *Which should be soon :D I also have some pictures of building the frame, mounting the seat and motor, etc if anyone would like me to post them.

aukword1
Club4AG Expert

Re: Not quite an AE86 - but it will drift!

Postby aukword1 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:54 am

lol seems interesting. My uncle and I built a go-kart similar to the rear end on this but put a 125cc dirt bike engine on it. That thing could do burn outs for days...good ol days. Can't wait to see the finished build on this.

AE86Kai
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby AE86Kai » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:07 am

Thanks for the update!
This trike should FLY with that over 200cc motor...must be scary fast.
...and YES! make sure that your BRAKE department will do their job :!:

EvoSolley
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby EvoSolley » Mon May 22, 2017 7:06 am

I finally got around to posting Part 2 of the drift trike build. It finally moves under its own power, but and new set of issues has surfaced, mainly steering and brakes. It's super fun and a lot faster than I was expecting lol Enjoy!

Video Link: