Opinions on Sr5 20v swaps vs GTS 20v swaps and conversions and everything else

Anything about cars, as long as it's clean...
No offensive language, no profanity, no nudity, nothing that your mom will slap you for...
Be nice to others.
CFROST
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: Opinions on Sr5 20v swaps vs GTS 20v swaps and conversions and everything else

Postby CFROST » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:59 am

Cool topic. I think this is becoming more and more relevant as the clean GTS becomes a rare commodity and these little cars we love are seen more as collector cars to a wider audience.

I’m with you; if I buy a GTS, I’d keep it 16V and wouldn’t touch any of the metal/fenders. If it’s an SR5, go crazy.

I think it’s time to start hunting for a GTS to keep nice and stock. I’m offficially old!

Jayrdee
Club4AG Expert

Re: Opinions on Sr5 20v swaps vs GTS 20v swaps and conversions and everything else

Postby Jayrdee » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:26 am

a little side note, a friend of mine just bought a GTS conversion the other day ... for almost 9k. Watanabe wheels, lots of goodies, etc.

a year or two ago I would have been like, you're stupid. but now with how rare these cars are, and how good of shape this one in particular is, I think it was a good deal.

And I'm totally torn about saying that because its an SR5 :( :( :(
[I have no idea what I'm doing]

notnilc20
Club4AG Pro

Postby notnilc20 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:17 pm

Jayrdee wrote:a little side note, a friend of mine just bought a GTS conversion the other day ... for almost 9k. Watanabe wheels, lots of goodies, etc.

a year or two ago I would have been like, you're stupid. but now with how rare these cars are, and how good of shape this one in particular is, I think it was a good deal.

And I'm totally torn about saying that because its an SR5 :( :( :(

Yeah...even clean sr5's are getting some big coin. They are ae86's still after all. I absolutely love mine and I'm still not even driving it on a regular basis yet until I get all the kinks out.

Jayrdee
Club4AG Expert

Postby Jayrdee » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:03 pm

notnilc20 wrote:Yeah...even clean sr5's are getting some big coin. They are ae86's still after all. I absolutely love mine and I'm still not even driving it on a regular basis yet until I get all the kinks out.

"They are ae86's still after all."

That right there is the one thing I have to keep telling myself Lol. I've come to start letting go of my hardcore detail perfectionist side of me so I'm definitely more appreciative of a clean ae86, regardless if it's a GTS or SR5.

Im pretty pumped though honestly to see what the ae86 community becomes here in the next few years. I see more and more people getting rid of their ae86 drift sluts because they can't keep up with all the LS swapped cars. That just open the door for more restorations to happen.
[I have no idea what I'm doing]