what happened to the community

Anything about cars, as long as it's clean...
No offensive language, no profanity, no nudity, nothing that your mom will slap you for...
Be nice to others.
Autohaus_Z
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: what happened to the community

Postby Autohaus_Z » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:55 pm

Jayrdee wrote:

I think I see this dude posting all over FB. I'm all for someone doing a little hustle on the side for some extra cash, or liquidating old un-used stuff, but this guy is on a whole new level. Like that RHD. Its a f*cking complete car. Why is he parting that thing out?

I had a conversation with a more senior local owner and we talked about how because this community is so niche and close knit, this is totally the wrong scene to chop and flip, ect all that type of stuff.

But as these cars age and prices for everything (especially the cars themselves) go up, a lot people get weeded out and those not doing it for the culture/community get shunned.
Owner. CM Autohaus LLC. San Jose, CA.
RnD/Product Testing. Battle Garage RS/Annex Suspension Group
Amsoil Dealer # 5615215
IG @Autohaus_Z for AE86 fun, T50 trans builds, and track life!
The Autohaus Podcast

aukword1
Club4AG Expert

Postby aukword1 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:49 am

On a lighter side of things, I found out that there is an extension for Chrome that fixes the photobucket link errors. Its called Photobucket hotlink fix and it works great.

cincybranr
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby cincybranr » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:46 pm

aukword1 wrote:On a lighter side of things, I found out that there is an extension for Chrome that fixes the photobucket link errors. Its called Photobucket hotlink fix and it works great.

This is amazing BTW LOL! Great find.

Anyways, I’ve been lurking through this thread and probably can’t add much of what hasn’t already been said. I’m on my 4th AE86 and I’m older now (33) so I finally have a little money to do it right, but the community has changed quite a bit. In some ways its great because I know (for the most part), that the people whom are here, are diehard. As annoying as it can be sometimes, Facebook has been a fantastic place for parts.

Just happy to be here all. I’m headed to 86 Fest in July (without my car :( because it’s too far to drive, but stoked to meet some of you all there.
Progress. Not perfection.

CloudStrife
Club4AG Pro

Postby CloudStrife » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:36 pm

aukword1 wrote:On a lighter side of things, I found out that there is an extension for Chrome that fixes the photobucket link errors. Its called Photobucket hotlink fix and it works great.

Success guardian... Successsssssss..

Elvin Wes
Club4AG Expert

Postby Elvin Wes » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:28 am

all these replies.
I know the truth, but for you'd have to go through what I went through to understand. By then you would prolly kill yourself.

The internet, Greed power stupidity.
i'll just say this, most of the folks back in the day they were into AE86s but not as the people still around. You live, grow up and grow out but if you are passionate the ae86 won't ever leave you even if club4ag dies. Fedbook will always be bigger than anything.. I mean facebook.

EJ20

Postby EJ20 » Wed May 23, 2018 9:14 pm

Elvin Wes wrote:all these replies.
I know the truth, but for you'd have to go through what I went through to understand. By then you would prolly kill yourself.

The internet, Greed power stupidity.
i'll just say this, most of the folks back in the day they were into AE86s but not as the people still around. You live, grow up and grow out but if you are passionate the ae86 won't ever leave you even if club4ag dies. Fedbook will always be bigger than anything.. I mean facebook.

I agree with you... I'm AN AE86 owner since 2005 (I was 21 at that time) Yes I was away from club4ag forums for the last 5 years but I came back this week ^_^ cuz I'm now on my 3rd AE86 (previous ones where sold... one is now 600whp and the other don't know any news :( )
But I'm really surprised/disappointed how the forum now is empty!!! And I want to know if people have shifted to some other community or so??? Hell. I'm in need for ac parts and for the last 2 days no one even looked in my WTB thread!!!! AE86 is going extinct like dinosaurs :(

Jayrdee
Club4AG Expert

Postby Jayrdee » Thu May 24, 2018 9:25 am

EJ20 wrote: And I want to know if people have shifted to some other community or so??? Hell. I'm in need for ac parts and for the last 2 days no one even looked in my WTB thread!!!! AE86 is going extinct like dinosaurs :(

The community is still there, but everyone uses Facebook/Instagram. There's quite a few active AE86 pages on Facebook I'm a part of, but I prefer the organization of forums better.

... plus generally the people on forums actually know what they're talking about :lol:
[I have no idea what I'm doing]

Jinsoku

Postby Jinsoku » Mon May 28, 2018 9:04 am

im still here, lurking around in the shadows and trolling out when needed.
the thing i hated was how my post count was reset(took me forever to get to 3k+), i stayed away for almost 2 years then decided to come on at least 3 times a week.
finally about to get my baby out the garage and mobbin around again so i'll be on here looking for deals and chit chat.
Since 2001

mad_86
Club4AG Expert

Postby mad_86 » Mon May 28, 2018 6:02 pm

We still out here man!! Lol.

I havent give up up on forum yet!

UNLIMITED 86
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby UNLIMITED 86 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:25 pm

mad_86 wrote:People like this are the destruction of the Community

This Guy has multiple Post Selling shitty part high prices, all these post is the same dude Buyer beware
he has more post up on craigslist hes a straight up chop shop, i think he made his way to Clug4ag, there guys
like this before in the past and theres always gonna be these type ppl

>>>>>LA_86 <<<<<---- same dude for sure

IMO, most of what was said here helps contribute to the issue but THIS **** is the worst. Been seeing him post on CL and I SMH @ his prices.

Also, I met a corolla owner a few months ago and he had no idea what a club4ag was... i found that pretty shocking.
IG: unltd_86

Parts for Sale: https://offerup.co/profile/ae86

WTB: OEM Windshield, hatchback 3rd brake light, and a clean Kouki Trueno Front bumper (also willing to trade mine + cash/???)

AZNWOKZ
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby AZNWOKZ » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:36 pm

I'm Barely here and deal with the FB page.

But here I am in CT all alone. AE86 people here are like dead here

UNLIMITED 86
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby UNLIMITED 86 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:47 pm

So I started talking to a guy I met through some craigslist posts. I thought he was a club4ag member because he is looking for something currently posted in the WTB section...

His response:
"Nah I haven’t been accepted to that :( or not sure if for some reason they’re not letting people in anymore."

I clarified by asking, "club4ag.com? The OG corolla forum." To which he replied, "Yup, I tried creating an account a while back but they didn’t allow me to."

I find this hard to believe but, at the same time, this guy has no reason to lie.

WTB: OEM Windshield, hatchback 3rd brake light, and a clean Kouki Trueno Front bumper (also willing to trade mine + cash/???)

CloudStrife
Club4AG Pro

Postby CloudStrife » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:00 pm

Sounds weird, he might be trying to go to the old Club4ag site or something..

Also the main page looks confusing if you've never used it.
Success guardian... Successsssssss..

notnilc20
Club4AG Pro

Postby notnilc20 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:45 am

Nevermind.
Last edited by notnilc20 on Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

jondee86

Postby jondee86 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:14 pm

UNLIMITED 86 wrote:So I started talking to a guy I met through some craigslist posts. I thought he was a club4ag member because he is looking for something currently posted in the WTB section...

His response:
"Nah I haven’t been accepted to that :( or not sure if for some reason they’re not letting people in anymore."

I clarified by asking, "club4ag.com? The OG corolla forum." To which he replied, "Yup, I tried creating an account a while back but they didn’t allow me to."

I find this hard to believe but, at the same time, this guy has no reason to lie.

This is probably accurate if the guy tried to make an account in the last month. up until
around 2-1/2 months ago, there were about 10 new accounts being registered every day,
and 9 out of 10 would be spammers. That meant an average of one genuine new account
being manually approved and accepted per day... typical of registrations for the last year.

Then, about 2-1/2 months back, a CAPCHA feature was added to reduce the number of
spammer registration that made it thru to the approval stage. This immediately reduced
the number of new registrations requiring approval down to one per day. Then, about one
month ago the number of new registrations requiring approval dropped to zero per day.

Taking a quick look it appears that the CAPCHA feature is inoperative, and that will be
the reason that no new registrations get thru. Fixing that is a system admin job and
I shall endeavour to bring the matter to the attention of the appropriate people :)

Cheers... jondee86
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one
persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress
depends on the unreasonable man.

UNLIMITED 86
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby UNLIMITED 86 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:50 pm

Knew something was up. I'll let him know! Thanks, bro!

azndrifter50
Club4AG Regular

Postby azndrifter50 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:16 pm

This place erased my data from a long time ago, people are more concerned about themselves rather than help each other.

My account was deleted and reactivated several times. Now im finally back.

I hope you guys are doing well.
Thanks,

Brian

Ae86 Ultimate
Master Mechanic and Master of the Custodial Arts
Los Angeles, CA

aukword1
Club4AG Expert

Postby aukword1 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:28 am

Welcome back, I guess the account registration problem got fixed. Good to see some old school guys still active.