facebook "killing forums" ?

Anything about cars, as long as it's clean...
No offensive language, no profanity, no nudity, nothing that your mom will slap you for...
Be nice to others.
AE86Kai
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: facebook "killing forums" ?

Postby AE86Kai » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:08 am

Skaughtto wrote:Facebook isn't killing the forums, the casual AE86 crowd is riding off into the sunset.
... and "The specified search backend doesn’t exist."

I agree 100% to the above comments.

Facebook could be a convenient tool but, I delete my account years ago...and I am happy.
I have better things to do than uploading what I had for lunch....!! :oops:

hachi-6 D0ri
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby hachi-6 D0ri » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:22 pm

you want to know what killed the forum . when the remodeled. right after the remodel it all went to kaka!
If your not crashing .. Stop being a p**$y Go hard in the paint!

~Stig

Jayrdee
Club4AG Expert

Postby Jayrdee » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:49 pm

Bumping this thread because I'm a n00bie here, and I'm bored at work.

Speaking for the "younger" crowd, I know for me personally, for a long time I never really needed to make an account just for the simple fact that if I had any questions, a few google searches would lead me to answers here on forums. Not just ae86 related, but all forums in general. I've literally browsed this forum for YEARS and have found most, if not all answers to my questions already.

That, plus the fact that younger dudes like me never really had forums growing up. Everyone (on all forums) talks about how forums are dead and aren't active like they used to be (early - mid 2000s), but I was barely 10 years old. Now that we're older, we missed the wave of activity and spend most time on FB just because thats where all the activity is at.

BUT ....

... Facebook is annoying. Dudes are lazy and dumb. and the only thing anyone cares about on Facebook is how many likes/shares they get.

Therefore I'm making an attempt to be more involved on forums where people actually talk about their cars. I'm sure I'm not the only "young" guy who feels that way either.
[I have no idea what I'm doing]