Club4ag is a ghost town

Anything about cars, as long as it's clean...
No offensive language, no profanity, no nudity, nothing that your mom will slap you for...
Be nice to others.
User avatar
hachi-6 D0ri
Club4AG Enthusiast
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: Huntington Beach

Club4ag is a ghost town

Postby hachi-6 D0ri » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:05 pm

What happened to club4ag? It seems like the forum is dead. I joined club4ag back I'm 2001 when it was a lively, buzzing community. Up Intel 2010 I was active but do to life events I stepped away for a while only to return to lots of changes. The forum was re-booted, all the old threads are gone and the activity is very low. You can't even find parts anymore. What happened to my community? Where are all my friends?

What happened to club4ag?
Last edited by kiosk on Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Merged doubled threads
If your not crashing .. Stop being a p**$y Go hard in the paint!

~Stig

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.


mideng
Club4AG Expert
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:29 pm

Re: Club4ag is a ghost town

Postby mideng » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:18 pm

Everybody is on crack and high and fb Instagram
Has taken over.

Welcome back mideng!

decepcionez
Club4AG Enthusiast
Posts: 86
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:00 pm

Re: Club4ag is a ghost town

Postby decepcionez » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:31 pm

they are all on the Facebook page, there is a lot of people there that don't know of this forum's existence ......
what parts are you after?
Image

Email/Paypal decepcionez@gmail.com
5099878700

azngqfoo
Club4AG Enthusiast
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:08 pm

Re: Club4ag is a ghost town

Postby azngqfoo » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:46 pm

My opinion is that all the OGs are hoarding all the good parts!! (Myself included lol)

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.


redxjoey
Club4AG Enthusiast
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:29 pm

Re: Club4ag is a ghost town

Postby redxjoey » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:51 pm

agree with cha!

AeBaSupLook
Club4AG Regular
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:58 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Club4ag is a ghost town

Postby AeBaSupLook » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:50 am

Everyone is gone or retired. The good times are a thing of the past!

Evo_lucian
Club4AG Enthusiast
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:46 pm

Re: Club4ag is a ghost town

Postby Evo_lucian » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:16 am

It's been like this ever since new forums came around in 2013. No idea why everyone stayed away though.

User avatar
hachi-6 D0ri
Club4AG Enthusiast
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: Huntington Beach

Re: Club4ag is a ghost town

Postby hachi-6 D0ri » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:14 am

Evo_lucian wrote:It's been like this ever since new forums came around in 2013. No idea why everyone stayed away though.

maybe they need to bring back the old color scheme . it just dose not feel like home any more .
If your not crashing .. Stop being a p**$y Go hard in the paint!

~Stig

Elitespartan
Club4AG Regular
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:59 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: Club4ag is a ghost town

Postby Elitespartan » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:47 am

Same here I step out for a year or two and idk what happened

mideng
Club4AG Expert
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:29 pm

Re: Club4ag is a ghost town

Postby mideng » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:16 am

redxjoey wrote:agree with cha!



Thanks mideng

Ghost85
Club4AG Regular
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:17 pm

Re: Club4ag is a ghost town

Postby Ghost85 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:38 pm

Like most car forums, interested people move in phases. The ones who are "in it to win it" so to speak, are real enthusiasts. There are a very small number of SN's I still recognize from the old days (who among you still remembers the forums with the star ratings under your SNs?), and there are a number of people I know locally that don't bother posting anymore because they've retained all the information and knowledge of years on the boards, and have no real reason to stick around. In some ways even the enthusiasts have a life span on a forum; simply put it gets old.

As for the good parts: People on this forum are CHEAP, and the level of appreciation for good or what are considered good parts is subjective. I'd say most of the good parts went away to those who were willing to pay for them, and those who have good parts are probably reluctant to sell them because of how cheap people are here.
4AG ROLA

Deuce Cam
Posts: 1324
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:41 pm
Location: AZ

Re: Club4ag is a ghost town

Postby Deuce Cam » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:03 pm

A lot of parts are discontinued now new, or ridiculously expensive (new or used). Plus Toyota no longer allows bringing in non domestic parts through the dealer network. Good prices and/or items do still pop but it's a lot more rare, and the vultures are always ready to pounce haha.

AoyamaJPN
Club4AG Regular
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:07 pm

Re: Club4ag is a ghost town

Postby AoyamaJPN » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:00 pm

I've had a very similar experience. Back after 10 years or so, and very disappointed.

Joined a Facebook page, but it was actually worse. not sure if I joined the right one.

I get all my parts from Japan now.

The ae86 seems to have two types of followers these days, kids that want a drift missile/slut (cheap as possible), and those collectors with deep pockets who pay hundreds for a redline garnish that is not even in great shape. No too much here on the forums anymore for the average enthusiast.

By the way, if you don't have a second car and don't go to the track, it's not a drift missile/slut at that point, it's just "your car".

User avatar
hachi-6 D0ri
Club4AG Enthusiast
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: Huntington Beach

Re: Club4ag is a ghost town

Postby hachi-6 D0ri » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:16 pm

AoyamaJPN wrote:I've had a very similar experience. Back after 10 years or so, and very disappointed.

Joined a Facebook page, but it was actually worse. not sure if I joined the right one.

I get all my parts from Japan now.

The ae86 seems to have two types of followers these days, kids that want a drift missile/slut (cheap as possible), and those collectors with deep pockets who pay hundreds for a redline garnish that is not even in great shape. No too much here on the forums anymore for the average enthusiast.

By the way, if you don't have a second car and don't go to the track, it's not a drift missile/slut at that point, it's just "your car".

bahahaha so true .
If your not crashing .. Stop being a p**$y Go hard in the paint!

~Stig

User avatar
hachi-6 D0ri
Club4AG Enthusiast
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: Huntington Beach

Re: Club4ag is a ghost town

Postby hachi-6 D0ri » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:18 pm

decepcionez wrote:they are all on the Facebook page, there is a lot of people there that don't know of this forum's existence ......
what parts are you after?



im after jdm bumpers front and back . zenki or kouki . also looking for a black dash that i can repair
If your not crashing .. Stop being a p**$y Go hard in the paint!

~Stig

AoyamaJPN
Club4AG Regular
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:07 pm

Re: Club4ag is a ghost town

Postby AoyamaJPN » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:06 pm

it will probably be most economical to get the bumpers from Malaysia and have them shipped. I have been looking too. Brackets are easy to used from Japan, but shipping the bumper is just too much. Dollar/Yen is strong, for now, so lots can be had over there and shipped, still cheaper than here on most things.

that said, if' you're in Cali (which I'm not), set up a Google alert for "kouki bumper" on 4AG site, after a few months, something may come up. people still part out their cars. good luck!

tiprock
Club4AG Enthusiast
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:18 pm
Location: LAX
Contact:

Re: Club4ag is a ghost town

Postby tiprock » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:01 pm

AoyamaJPN wrote:Dollar/Yen is strong, for now, so lots can be had over there and shipped, still cheaper than here on most things.

thats how i get my parts now too.

imo the forum is somewhat dead because theres nothing really new going on with the ae86.
zenki levin hatch
kouki trueno coupe

ronny
Club4AG Expert
Posts: 319
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:05 am
Location: orange county - irvine
Contact:

Re: Club4ag is a ghost town

Postby ronny » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:08 am

Only few of us left

In fact a lot if the ogs are on ae86fightclub.com

Weed out the dumbasses
Rays - Project Mu - TE37 club
BLUE MOON / CUSCO
AE86fightclub.com
PM me for Contact

tiprock
Club4AG Enthusiast
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:18 pm
Location: LAX
Contact:

Re: Club4ag is a ghost town

Postby tiprock » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:03 pm

ronny wrote:Only few of us left

In fact a lot if the ogs are on ae86fightclub.com

Weed out the dumbasses

not necessarily. "mideng" is a member on there.
zenki levin hatch
kouki trueno coupe

86 Corolla
Club4AG Enthusiast
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:42 pm

Re: Club4ag is a ghost town

Postby 86 Corolla » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:44 pm

hachi-6 D0ri wrote:What happened to this forum? I stepped away for a few years only to come back to a forum that went from being constantly active to pretty slow,quite, and for the most part dead. When I joined in 01 and staying active up till 2010 the forum was still vibrant and pretty lively. Now it seems slow can't even find good parts any more.

What happened?


Yes, many have moved on to other cars. Even Moto, the founder, ditched the ae86 for a FR-S...haha.

AoyamaJPN - I remember I bought a set of TRD valve springs from you many many yrs ago. Glad you are still around.

tiprock wrote:
ronny wrote:Only few of us left

In fact a lot if the ogs are on ae86fightclub.com

Weed out the dumbasses

not necessarily. "mideng" is a member on there.


^ LMAO
Last edited by 86 Corolla on Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
InitialB
Club4AG Enthusiast
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:58 pm
Location: Torrance, CA
Contact:

Re: Club4ag is a ghost town

Postby InitialB » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:40 pm

ronny wrote:Only few of us left

In fact a lot if the ogs are on ae86fightclub.com

Weed out the dumbasses


fite everytiem.

User avatar
idreamofdrifting
Club4AG MASTER
Posts: 1080
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:35 pm

Re: Club4ag is a ghost town

Postby idreamofdrifting » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:00 pm

ronny wrote:Only few of us left

In fact a lot if the ogs are on ae86fightclub.com

Weed out the dumbasses


+1
"If my Memes bother you, you're taking life way too seriously!"
~Me~

"RICE=Racing Inspired Cosmetic Enhancments"
~ga_goosh~


Image

Tall_Mike
Club4AG Regular
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:58 pm

Re: Club4ag is a ghost town

Postby Tall_Mike » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:57 am

I don't think it's the color of the paint on the walls. Back in the day there were fewer options for networking. Since then you had Facebook and reddit come out and now spoon feeds you pretty pictures of your favorite things.

Sorry if that was a little ranty.

User avatar
hachi-6 D0ri
Club4AG Enthusiast
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: Huntington Beach

Re: Club4ag is a ghost town

Postby hachi-6 D0ri » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:49 am

AoyamaJPN wrote:it will probably be most economical to get the bumpers from Malaysia and have them shipped. I have been looking too. Brackets are easy to used from Japan, but shipping the bumper is just too much. Dollar/Yen is strong, for now, so lots can be had over there and shipped, still cheaper than here on most things.

that said, if' you're in Cali (which I'm not), set up a Google alert for "kouki bumper" on 4AG site, after a few months, something may come up. people still part out their cars. good luck!

It's pretty pricy to ship from Malaysia isn't it. Specially a bumper?
If your not crashing .. Stop being a p**$y Go hard in the paint!

~Stig

User avatar
idreamofdrifting
Club4AG MASTER
Posts: 1080
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:35 pm

Re: Club4ag is a ghost town

Postby idreamofdrifting » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:56 am

hachi-6 D0ri wrote:It's pretty pricy to ship from Malaysia isn't it. Specially a bumper?


Pay to play. Period.
"If my Memes bother you, you're taking life way too seriously!"
~Me~

"RICE=Racing Inspired Cosmetic Enhancments"
~ga_goosh~


Image

User avatar
hachi-6 D0ri
Club4AG Enthusiast
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: Huntington Beach

Re: Club4ag is a ghost town

Postby hachi-6 D0ri » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:29 am

Went to ae86fightclub . Apparently some one talked about fight club. Because that forum is super active
If your not crashing .. Stop being a p**$y Go hard in the paint!

~Stig

Deuce Cam
Posts: 1324
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:41 pm
Location: AZ

Re: Club4ag is a ghost town

Postby Deuce Cam » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:42 am

^
"I look around. I look around. I see a lot of new faces. Which means a lot of you have been breakin' the first two rules of Fight Club."


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tiprock wrote:
ronny wrote:Only few of us left

In fact a lot if the ogs are on ae86fightclub.com

Weed out the dumbasses

not necessarily. "mideng" is a member on there.


:lol:

User avatar
hachi-6 D0ri
Club4AG Enthusiast
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: Huntington Beach

Re: Club4ag is a ghost town

Postby hachi-6 D0ri » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:54 am

BAhahahaha
If your not crashing .. Stop being a p**$y Go hard in the paint!

~Stig

yoshimitsuspeed
Club4AG MASTER
Posts: 2084
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Club4ag is a ghost town

Postby yoshimitsuspeed » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:36 pm

Lol this came up on the FB group today.
I never signed up because it seemed like some elitist BS to A have a name and slogan like that and B require signing up to even view the forum.
I also think people would have been way better served trying to put that energy into trying to improve traffic and quality of C4AG than try to split up an already dwindling crowd.
I have heard some of those same claims that it's private to weed out stupid questions or whatever. Because C4AG is just overflowing with too much activity be it people asking stupid questions or otherwise.
Making information and resources hidden and harder to find is just going to scare people off and make people looking to get into the scene feel like there isn't the support or activity that they are looking for.
Maybe that's what some people want. IDK.
I just think the whole scene would be better served by trying to put that energy and activity into revitalizing an old and slowing forum than separating and segregating.
To each their own I guess.

User avatar
oldeskewltoy
Club4AG MASTER
Posts: 1737
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:44 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Club4ag is a ghost town

Postby oldeskewltoy » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:08 am

yoshimitsuspeed wrote:Lol this came up on the FB group today.
I never signed up because it seemed like some elitist BS to A have a name and slogan like that and B require signing up to even view the forum.
I also think people would have been way better served trying to put that energy into trying to improve traffic and quality of C4AG than try to split up an already dwindling crowd.
I have heard some of those same claims that it's private to weed out stupid questions or whatever. Because C4AG is just overflowing with too much activity be it people asking stupid questions or otherwise.
Making information and resources hidden and harder to find is just going to scare people off and make people looking to get into the scene feel like there isn't the support or activity that they are looking for.
Maybe that's what some people want. IDK.
I just think the whole scene would be better served by trying to put that energy and activity into revitalizing an old and slowing forum than separating and segregating.
To each their own I guess.

:roll:

:lol:

Are you that dependent on C4AG to now pimp out this place?? This place is like an old hooker... may look nice on the outside to attract new unsuspecting blood, but once inside it doesn't take long to "feel" the mileage on this place.


Take it from the FF... "a little revolution now and then is a good thing!!!!"
OST Cyl head porting, - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=300

Building a great engine takes knowing the end... before you begin :ugeek:

Enjoy Life... its the only one you get!

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.



Return to “Fun Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests