Out West Trip

Anything about cars, as long as it's clean...
No offensive language, no profanity, no nudity, nothing that your mom will slap you for...
Be nice to others.
corolla_lover
Club4AG Regular

Out West Trip

Postby corolla_lover » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:32 pm

Hello fellow club 4ag members,

I am apologizing now if this is not in the correct section because it covers multiple topics i was unsure of where exactly to post it.

Anyways, i am planning a trip out to Phoenix AZ to see my sister and i only have a one way ticket because i plan on buying a car and driving it back. I am unsure of the car and my only requirements are that it has a manual transmission and a working cigarette liter for the gps. I would not mind getting another ae86. Ive noticed that California seems to have a larger market. That being said i know it is possible to get a temporary tag from Arizona for $30 and i can leave the title open i was wondering if anyone has done this or if anyone knows Californian laws on this type of thing.

Also if anyone has any experiences, recommendations, stories or even if anyone lives in that area and has some older car they plan on selling around May let me know. I pretty much like any car as long as it is not boring, meets the requirements above and obliviously it needs to run well. I will have about a 2k budget for the car.

I look forward to hearing all of your advice/stories/information or if you plan on selling or know anyone selling.

Thanks.

Clouds
Club4AG Expert

Re: Out West Trip

Postby Clouds » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:32 am

This could either be really good or you'll be stuck for a while when the person decides to keep their car or Initial D tax it.
Well, you might be able to get a good, running SR5 for that price. I don't know.
Best of luck!
There shouldn't be a day that goes by where you don't learn something new.

Toy86
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Toy86 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:41 am

Corolla_lover,

As of today, this is what is available as far as corollas go, including a rare Starlet. The choices aren't very many as far as corollas go, but since you did post this on Club4ag i'm sure this is what ur looking for even though you said "any car that is a stick and has a working cigarette lighter". Either way, i guess when you get to Phoenix, do ur search on whatever car you want. Out of theses choices here i wouldn't trust driving them back to where you're originally from. On a 2k budget, i'm not sure i would trust anything if it's build back in the 80s. Good luck and happy hunting.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/4834225498.html
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/4834119334.html
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/4824547871.html

This would be an awesome to build project!
http://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/4836534105.html

corolla_lover
Club4AG Regular

Postby corolla_lover » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:08 am

Yeah i think i would be very lucky to get an ae86 but realistically i know i will probably need to settle for something else, that starlet was pretty neat although it would not make it across the country. I know it may not seem like the most logical idea to drive a 2 thousand dollar clunker across the country but in some ways this in one of the last points in my life in which i would be able to do something "stupid" and get away with it.

but thank you for your input and showing me thoes cars.

Toy86
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Toy86 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:43 pm

Yeah man, np and good luck in ur adventure. Make sure you do some good research, and check out the car whichever you decided to get even if it's not a corolla very thoroughly for that long trip back to ur home. I would also suggest maybe getting AAA just for the road trip.

corolla_lover
Club4AG Regular

Postby corolla_lover » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:49 pm

Appreciate it and yep got AAA just already. I search all of Phoenix craigslist daily just looking what i can afford and there is a lot of cool stuff, hopefully there will be something cool by the time i get out there.