Rust prevention and AE86 Club Volume 6

Anything about cars, as long as it's clean...
No offensive language, no profanity, no nudity, nothing that your mom will slap you for...
Be nice to others.
APO6
Club4AG Regular

Rust prevention and AE86 Club Volume 6

Postby APO6 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:02 pm

So does anyone remember watching Hot Version AE86 Club Volume 6 and they were getting rid of rust on Tsuchiya's street machine?
Near the end of the video, they show rust prevention methods, sealing rolled fender lips etc and they visit Crystal Body Yokohama. They show CBY's Oda-san spraying some sort of clear rust preventer called "Inner Guard" onto seams and in hard to reach places with a flex nozzle attached to the spray can. Now, does anyone know where I can get something similar to this "Inner guard" or other things that prevent rust?
「糖分王にオレはなる!」

Grant
Club4AG Expert

Re: Rust prevention and AE86 Club Volume 6

Postby Grant » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:35 pm

As far as sealing seems and hard to reach places (like the seems of the rear fenders). You can try something called cavity wax. It's supposed to seal all the cracks and seems and stick there so water and moisture doesn't seep in and sit there. I'm planning on buying some myself to spray in the doors, fenders, etc.

Here is a link to a popular brand:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000P78AE6/ref ... AGRTBIUMNO

RuizXIII
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby RuizXIII » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:38 pm

Yes! I love that DVD and that segment. 'SABI!' 'SABI!'

Eastwood company probably sells something similar to that stuff.
They call it rust encapsulate spray and it has an attachable multi-spray nozzle for getting inside frame rails, etc.

I am sure there are several others on the market.
I will probably try it out at some point when I can get around to it
irony.cc

-zenki-
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby -zenki- » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:18 am

I bought tectyl ML, same stuff different name. I did the sills and inside of my doors, i'm going to do the frame rails when it gets dry for a couple of days. It's really messy stuff, sticks like hell. I just put the flex nozzle inside and kept spraying until it seeped out.
FLAWLESS VICTORY

APO6
Club4AG Regular

Postby APO6 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:46 am

Thanks for the replies senpais! My friends and I did some rust removal/bodywork/paint recently on my car and was curious about prevention. I'll look into all these products!
「糖分王にオレはなる!」