Super Autobacs is now DMV

Anything about cars, as long as it's clean...
No offensive language, no profanity, no nudity, nothing that your mom will slap you for...
Be nice to others.
ae86714
Club4AG Expert

Super Autobacs is now DMV

Postby ae86714 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:51 pm

Drove by where super autobacs used to be, looks like they are turning it into a DMV. Like polar opposites on the scale of stuff to do to for your car. That have me a smile so I shared it.

AE86Kai
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: Super Autobacs is now DMV

Postby AE86Kai » Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:28 am

My apology for responding to this old topic.
I used to live near by and I remember meeting so many club4ag members in person at this parking lot.
I just google map that place and noticed that mall is completely empty now...no signs of other stores nor restaurant.
...pretty sure that this photo was taken on Sunday afternoon or something...is this place still dead like below ?? (just curious)

May 2015

SidekickChuck
Club4AG Expert

Postby SidekickChuck » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:28 am

I used to meet Son Tran who does amazing wheel repair in this lot after Autobach's closed its doors. He did work out of this lot up until last year I believe. He now has a building somewhere I think.
Silver/Black 1985 ae86 gts Heavens Gate Corolla
2001 Carbon Black e39 M5
89' Supra Twin Turbo 1JZ (sold)

ae86714
Club4AG Expert

Postby ae86714 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:07 am

Hey Haru! Well every time I drive by there it looks pretty dead, but I usually only drive by on the weekends. Pretty funny in the Google maps pic you showed above, red hatch with hood popped lol. I will have to go by there for a quick picture now that my hatch is back on the road. Hope all is well over there, the Starlet is looking sweet!

AE86Kai
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby AE86Kai » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:01 am

Happy belated new year.
I am doing fine in ice cold Tokyo ...thanks for asking.
That red car in the google map looks like he is having his one & only show off in that empty parking lot.
Remember? there were so many cars that was doing same thing when Autobacs was there? (I can't believe that is already more than 7 years ago...)

Missing the SoCal car life very much..EXCEPT for the SMOG CHECK! :mrgreen: