Battle Garage contact info needed

Anything about cars, as long as it's clean...
No offensive language, no profanity, no nudity, nothing that your mom will slap you for...
Be nice to others.
The Bloody Panda
Club4AG Expert

Battle Garage contact info needed

Postby The Bloody Panda » Thu May 29, 2014 6:12 am

Does anyone know the phone number for Battle Garage? I don't think they have one listed on their website. I got a situation that's turning into one of those problems where a business keeps saying they'll ship your part out that you bought a week ago but they never do. It's really frustrating since they've even paid for the postage but they just can't get it in the mail.
Last edited by The Bloody Panda on Thu May 28, 2015 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chohdog
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: Battle Garage contact info needed

Postby chohdog » Thu May 29, 2014 9:02 am

I just sent this thread over to him.

superfreestyle

Postby superfreestyle » Thu May 29, 2014 9:40 am

Took an extra few days from what it should have but my corner lights came in just fine from them... i sent him an email to the address listed on their site and he replied within 15-20 minutes and once he got to the computer he replied back and forth very quickly... The only thing that bothered me about the transaction was that he informed me that if the post office lost the lights that he didnt have anymore to send me but at the same time he still has them available for purchase on his site and also has some listed on ebay the same day he told me he didnt have anymore... It made me feel like if they didnt show up i was gonna be **** out of luck and out of my hard earned $$. Thankfully it never got to that point and my lights showed up about two days after i emailed him. This may not be the review you were hoping for but just sharing my very recent buying experience with them.

The Bloody Panda
Club4AG Expert

Postby The Bloody Panda » Thu May 29, 2014 10:42 am

That's kind of similar to this because there is some weird confusion with the shipping. Some emails from them say they shipped it out last week and others say they shipped it out two days ago. I don't know what to believe. I've been told by them that the reason the tracking isn't working must be because the post office forgot to scan it in before shipping it. This discourages me for various reasons that are easy to imagine. Good or bad, I'll update this thread with the conclusion.

marley4us
Club4AG Expert

Postby marley4us » Thu May 29, 2014 5:47 pm

I had a very frustrating time with them too with delays in getting my product. They where easy to contact and seemed to contact me back quickly. In the end I got my item and we worked it out. But it was not an easy transaction.
1985 Corolla Hatch widebody w/ SR20det (The Project)
1993 5SGTE stroker widebody MR2 Turbo (drag car)
2002 Miata SE hardtop (daily Driver)
1994 4runner (The truck)

The Bloody Panda
Club4AG Expert

Postby The Bloody Panda » Thu May 29, 2014 7:14 pm

Yeah, more often than not it isn't easy to deal with most of these small companies that sell parts for our cars. Unless they list the part for sale on Ebay, then the transaction is super smooth.

The Bloody Panda
Club4AG Expert

Postby The Bloody Panda » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:47 pm

The AJPS rack spacer that I ordered from Battle Garage just showed up and the specs on it are good. The additional rack travel that is provided is 16mm, not to be confused with the 25mm measurement that both NST and AJPS throw out for these very similar parts. I originally bought an NST rack spacer but found that they didn't make it as good as they could have since the dimension on the external threads is 0.3mm too wide. This made it difficult to thread into the rack unlike a normal inner tie rod. NST wouldn't let me return it though since they had never heard of that issue before. Gotta love it. However, the AJPS part is proper, I have no complaints about it and it was worth the wait. The wait wasn't really Battle Garage's fault though. There is an issue that they are sometimes having to deal with where their local post office doesn't scan the packages in when they receive them for shipment, this probably slowed down shipping and it definitely made the tracking worthless until it was within 30 miles of my location. On top of this, I ordered the rack spacer just prior to Memorial Day so that obviously didn't help with delivery speed. I am 100% pleased with my transaction with Battle Garage and will certainly not hesitate to buy from them again. Actually, I can't even think of another company of their scale that I would rather do business with currently. Grant cares more about reputation and satisfaction than money. That's why I look forward to doing business with Battle Garage.

The Bloody Panda
Club4AG Expert

Postby The Bloody Panda » Thu May 28, 2015 6:52 pm

Bringing this thread back since I can't get a hold of Battle Garage again. I ordered from them 11 days ago and have emailed them twice about getting an order update but no luck. I wish they had a phone number so that I could simply call them and get this resolved. As far as I know my order hasn't shipped and won't be shipping anytime soon since I'm totally in the dark here and only have the automated email that was generated when I placed my order as a confirmation. I'm hoping to get the item I ordered by June 17th and would really appreciate an update. So far I've emailed them at their listed contact email and I've tried to email Grant directly. Does anyone know of a better way to reach them?

kendallspower
Club4AG Expert

Postby kendallspower » Fri May 29, 2015 12:27 pm

The Bloody Panda
Club4AG Expert

Postby The Bloody Panda » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:14 pm

Coincidentally I got a response from Battle Garage soon after posting to this thread, they have shipped my item.

ToeKnee805
Club4AG Expert

Postby ToeKnee805 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:34 pm

i forwarded this thread to them dude, they dont check the board often apparently
1986 Corolla GT-S -- Unmolested -- Now Resto Project
1985 Corolla GT-S -- Turbo Levin Track Car
1982 Corolla 1.8 -- Sitting collecting dust

shagymc
Club4AG Expert

Postby shagymc » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:37 pm

I have had issues with any company that is dealing with parts for my 86. I do not think that it is bad business, just difficult to locate and keep in stock genuine parts. I have had no issues with communication with them via facebook messenger. They usually reply within a reasonable amount of time. I had some issues about them sending the wrong part and they were very professional and paid to have the stuff shipped back to them. I have no complaints about them and have spent around a G with them just this past month.

BattleGarage_RS
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby BattleGarage_RS » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:07 pm

Hi Guys,

@The Bloody Panda - Not sure who you are in real life but I promise we weren't avoiding you! We had a bit of a change up in staff here and some email wasn't being seen Now all contact email is supposed to get routed right to me. If anyone has any trouble or complaints, please email me directly so I can try my best to take care of you!

Grant @ battlegarage-rs . com

We have shipped thousands of orders to happy customers. But, there are times that we have let customers down. I want to mention that we had a month or two where we were not as fast shipping orders or keeping stock as we would have liked. I don't like that at all and I think that is where we let down a handful of customers that may be posting on forums like this. This is a small community and we want to take care of every customer. To address this, I have hired more help to help uphold our promise to support our customers like our very own friends (many customers I would now call my friends as well). We are now working hard to keep more inventory in stock, and to ship in the next day or two after an order is placed. We will never be Summit Racing, but we will try our best to provide speedy advice, consultation, and racing parts to you in a timely fashion. 95% of the time we ship two day shipping for orders. This costs a bit more but as we've grown we wanted to keep up the pace with our own shipping logistics.

Please, if you don't feel happy with a transaction with us, please email me directly and I will do all that I can to see that you are happy to come back to us. Catering to just AE86's, we rely on a community of customers that come back for more. We cannot afford to lose someone to an unhappy transaction.

Why bother supporting us? We are working on several unique offerings that won't be available anywhere, such as a plug and play stand alone ECU kit for 4AGE's as an example. We can't spend resources doing RnD for projects like this without you all deciding to go with us rather than the many choices out there to get your parts.

I'm really sorry it took me so long to respond here but I wanted to be able to reply after we got our ducks in a row and can uphold our original promise to the community.

Grant
The tuning spirit of the 90's is alive again!

AE86 parts 24/7 :arrow: http://shop.battlegarage-rs.com

BattleGarage_RS
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby BattleGarage_RS » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:51 pm

bump for visibility
The tuning spirit of the 90's is alive again!

AE86 parts 24/7 :arrow: http://shop.battlegarage-rs.com

CFROST
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby CFROST » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:18 pm

I've probably bought 7-8 things from Battle Garage now and every time they've been good with responses and ship times. Usually heads my way within 2-3 business days

With that said, holding out a week in business days for something to ship from a small biz isn't a big deal.

GumballF355

Postby GumballF355 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:48 am

Grants a cool guy, if you guys have a problem with him lmk. I’ll go over to his shop and beat him up.

CloudStrife
Club4AG Pro

Postby CloudStrife » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:05 am

LOL, damn violent 86 owners :).

But I second that, Grant is a professional and laid back dude.

As far as shipping goes, I HATE when I don't receive a tracking number for various reasons. That would be something that they need to deal with on their end, in regards to who the shipping company is.

Like shaggy said though, and which has been discussed in another forum, these are small-time companies. This isn't the dealer or RockAuto, so you need to adapt to the situation. I have found ordering is a very smooth process when I actually call BG or T3, and they are both pretty easy to talk to.

Also, always use Paypal on checkout!
Success guardian... Successsssssss..