WTB: Interior Pieces

370zforme
Club4AG Regular
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:54 pm

WTB: Interior Pieces

Postby 370zforme » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:53 pm

Unfortunately the body shop that was painting my car let their dog inside of my car which resulted in my once mint interior being completely destroyed. Ideally I am looking for a full interior set for a hatch but if I have to piece together a full set, I will. Please let me know what you have or email me at 370zforme@gmail.com
Last edited by 370zforme on Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.


CloudStrife
Club4AG Pro
Posts: 559
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:23 pm
Location: Middle of Hell, Florida

Re: WTB: Interior Pieces

Postby CloudStrife » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:21 am

LOL bro what in the ****.

Are you not seeking damages from the shop?
Success guardian... Successsssssss..

mandm177
Club4AG Expert
Posts: 269
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:45 am

Re: WTB: Interior Pieces

Postby mandm177 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:35 am

What interior pieces are you looking for? Coupe? Hatch? Color?

370zforme
Club4AG Regular
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: WTB: Interior Pieces

Postby 370zforme » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:30 pm

CloudStrife wrote:LOL bro what in the ****.

Are you not seeking damages from the shop?


I am for sure. The problem is that the upholstery is completely damaged so I doubt that it can be salvaged. I am not too familiar with upholstery work, though so I could be wrong. It really is a bummer that this happened... Was supposed to meet with the shop owner today but he flaked so we're supposed to go over the damage tomorrow.

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.


370zforme
Club4AG Regular
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: WTB: Interior Pieces

Postby 370zforme » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:31 pm

mandm177 wrote:What interior pieces are you looking for? Coupe? Hatch? Color?


Sorry I was a bit flustered when I made the post. I have a 1986 GTS Hatch with the grey interior but am looking for a full red interior if possible. Worst case if I can find the grey interior I would be happy with that.

User avatar
mad_86
Club4AG Expert
Posts: 317
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:40 pm
Location: Socal

Re: WTB: Interior Pieces

Postby mad_86 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:58 pm

Tell the shop to send out your seats to at upholstery shop most shops can replace and reshape them to factory , it will be better any used seats that way you have fresh new interior and paint job

370zforme
Club4AG Regular
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: WTB: Interior Pieces

Postby 370zforme » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:32 pm

mad_86 wrote:Tell the shop to send out your seats to at upholstery shop most shops can replace and reshape them to factory , it will be better any used seats that way you have fresh new interior and paint job

The problem is that the door panels were pretty destroyed as well. Would they be able to match the upholstery to the original design of the grey fabric (1986 Kouki GTS USDM)? Thank you so much for your suggestions man.

User avatar
mad_86
Club4AG Expert
Posts: 317
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:40 pm
Location: Socal

Re: WTB: Interior Pieces

Postby mad_86 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:55 pm

Yeahh they should be able to if the upholstery shop is experianced and is a quality shop i see why not, remember your at a lost, cause of the shops lack of detail and irresponsible

370zforme
Club4AG Regular
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: WTB: Interior Pieces

Postby 370zforme » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:24 pm

mad_86 wrote:Yeahh they should be able to if the upholstery shop is experianced and is a quality shop i see why not, remember your at a lost, cause of the shops lack of detail and irresponsible

Appreciate it man. I'll post updates here as they happen!

CloudStrife
Club4AG Pro
Posts: 559
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:23 pm
Location: Middle of Hell, Florida

Re: WTB: Interior Pieces

Postby CloudStrife » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:09 am

Where are you located? If you're in Cali like mad 86, cheap and good upholstery shops are a dime a dozen.
Success guardian... Successsssssss..

370zforme
Club4AG Regular
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: WTB: Interior Pieces

Postby 370zforme » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:07 pm

CloudStrife wrote:Where are you located? If you're in Cali like mad 86, cheap and good upholstery shops are a dime a dozen.

I am in California, actually. The body shop is wanting to use his own upholstery shop... Not too sure how I feel about that. I feel like he will try to cut corners.

370zforme
Club4AG Regular
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: WTB: Interior Pieces

Postby 370zforme » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:10 pm

UPDATE: So I went back to the shop to talk to the owner and he is thinking that re-upholstering the interior will be a piece of cake. Well that's great and all but the problem is that his dog ate a huge chunk of fabric so I will have to find something that will be a close match to the grey Kouki interior. The next issue is that I will have one door panel that is "brand new" and 3 others that are not. I might use this as an excuse to convert to a red interior... Any advice? He doesn't want to pay for the other panels since they were not damaged but I have been pushing saying that his dog caused me to no longer have an all-original interior and that I wouldn't be in this position had it not been for his shop's negligence. I think that he should pay to have all panels / seats re-upholstered to match.

CloudStrife
Club4AG Pro
Posts: 559
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:23 pm
Location: Middle of Hell, Florida

Re: WTB: Interior Pieces

Postby CloudStrife » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:21 pm

Jesus dude.

I would just try and agree on a cash price. People know how rare the GT-S interiors are to come by. Use that.
If they waiver, politely tell them that you will have to report your problem with the Better Business Bureau.

I would absolutely NOT use his "upholstery shop".

If you're going to go blood red interior anyway, don't worry about the anxiety of hassling the shop if they refuse to give you monetary compensation. Just let people know on Yelp or Google reviews. You can sell off your old interior no matter what the shape for a decent chunk of change. Most people who have maroon, want black/grey. And many on the forum have the ability to reupholster stuff on their own. You could even throw an ad up asking someone to do it for you.

Just to give you a price point, a complete red USDM interior sold on here not too long ago for 700.00 USD. It was a good deal.
Success guardian... Successsssssss..

User avatar
mad_86
Club4AG Expert
Posts: 317
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:40 pm
Location: Socal

Re: WTB: Interior Pieces

Postby mad_86 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:04 am

Yeahh true about price point out if hes trying to fix it at his place then yeah dont let him , just tell him your interior was in good condition Orginal interior is about $1000usd for all matching interior your gonna need a check for that amount to find a complete interior. If hes giving you a hard time or stop resond to you you may have to lawyer up but there are shops that get it close to oem look for your interior. Its LA after all theres everything here lol.

370zforme
Club4AG Regular
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: WTB: Interior Pieces

Postby 370zforme » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:21 am

CloudStrife wrote:Jesus dude.

I would just try and agree on a cash price. People know how rare the GT-S interiors are to come by. Use that.
If they waiver, politely tell them that you will have to report your problem with the Better Business Bureau.

I would absolutely NOT use his "upholstery shop".

If you're going to go blood red interior anyway, don't worry about the anxiety of hassling the shop if they refuse to give you monetary compensation. Just let people know on Yelp or Google reviews. You can sell off your old interior no matter what the shape for a decent chunk of change. Most people who have maroon, want black/grey. And many on the forum have the ability to reupholster stuff on their own. You could even throw an ad up asking someone to do it for you.

Just to give you a price point, a complete red USDM interior sold on here not too long ago for 700.00 USD. It was a good deal.


Yeah I did see that interior set go and was pretty envious of the lucky buyer who snagged that. I have been wanting the red interior for awhile and might as well use this as an excuse to do so. After this went down, I looked them up on the BBB and say that they were not certified which didn't really make me feel too great. I will say that this being my first experience having a car in a body shop, I should have been more careful and have certainly learned a lesson from this experience. Two days have now passed and still have not yet seen any sort of sample. I am going to ask who his "upholstery guy" is and see what sort of ratings that they have and go from there. At this point, I think that just reupholstering the entire interior in the red color scheme is going to be my best bet. I wish that I could find parts like the brown dash, pillars, etc. but am struggling to find a complete set so I have come to terms that it won't be "perfect". I appreciate the help here and will continue to update the thread. I want to post some pictures but need to research first to see if that can impact my case if I end up needing to lawyer up.

370zforme
Club4AG Regular
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: WTB: Interior Pieces

Postby 370zforme » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:23 am

mad_86 wrote:Yeahh true about price point out if hes trying to fix it at his place then yeah dont let him , just tell him your interior was in good condition Orginal interior is about $1000usd for all matching interior your gonna need a check for that amount to find a complete interior. If hes giving you a hard time or stop resond to you you may have to lawyer up but there are shops that get it close to oem look for your interior. Its LA after all theres everything here lol.


You think that they could do the brown / red interior even for the leather portion? I have 0 knowledge on upholstery like I mentioned before so I am not really sure what the possibilities are. I'm still looking for some interior parts just in case but need to see what his upholstery guy says first and go from there :roll:

CloudStrife
Club4AG Pro
Posts: 559
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:23 pm
Location: Middle of Hell, Florida

Re: WTB: Interior Pieces

Postby CloudStrife » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:37 am

Just FYI, lawyering up can be an expensive and tasking process. For something as cheap as 1-2k, I wouldn't even bother with it. Lawyer fees aren't cheap. Although if a business sees you are getting serious, they usually just settle out of small claims court anyway.

I think I misread that you have the black interior, do you have the brown/vanillia?

Next time just do your research on a shop. ASE is a must (not sure how it works for body), and AAA certified is your best bet; it's hard to get that cert. I know it sucks now, but most of us have been there. It's the problem with independent owned mechanics here in the US.

Do you have pics of your interior, after the fact? We can tell you how bad it looks.
Success guardian... Successsssssss..

notnilc20
Club4AG Expert
Posts: 470
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:56 pm
Location: Memphis

Re: WTB: Interior Pieces

Postby notnilc20 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:52 am

As long as the foundation is still there....foam and materials can always be replaced. A good upholstery shop can do just about anything....at a price.

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.



Return to “Want to BUY (seeking sellers)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests