[CA] 1988 Alfa Romeo Milano Verde $3200

Postby alfa » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:21 am

For those unfamiliar with this car,
Stock specs:
RWD
Recaro seats
LSD
5-speed
3.0l v6 185hp(bored out ferrari designed 2.5l of the early 80s, it's bullet proof)
~2900lbs
51/49 weight dist, battery relocation can make it essentially 50/50

It's a legendary car that was purpose built to compete against the E30 M3 and Cosworth 190E Mercedes. "Verde" is to the Alfa Milano as "M" is to the BMW 3 series.

Despite its rarity there is a huge following, thus parts are easy to come by. Plus, there's a wealth of worldwide info. This car has a large following in Australia and South America(where it's still driven in rally championships) in addition to USA and Europe. With this huge and dedicated following there are indeed MANY aftermarket performance parts, but keep in mind it is a rare car so the parts aren't always cheap.

Good:
100k miles
Recaro front seats(nearly perfect)
Rust free
New spark plugs
New wires
New cap+rotor
New battery
New fuel filter
New timing belt
New water pump
New fuel injector hoses
Clean title
Straight body

Bad:
Tires
Brakes
2nd gear clunk(very common on this car, though it's not too bad)
Radiator leak
Fuel/idle issues

I'm selling because this thing needs a legitimate mechanic, not a weekend warrior. Although it's a car with amazing stock stats, and is a blast to drive, it requires an owner with money or lots of know how. I have neither and I need a reliable car to tow my toddler around in.

The car is currently non-op(no back fees!) because there are some gremlins that I just don't have the mechanical aptitude to figure out and I can't afford to send it to a shop to be fixed. Gremlins: inconsistent idle, driver window doesn't roll down, no speakers, electric fan not consistently turning on.

Looking for $3200

Thanks for looking and if you're not interested, I still recommend you check this under-appreciated car out on youtube or just google.

ahut2000
Club4AG Regular

Re: [CA] 1988 Alfa Romeo Milano Verde $3200

Postby ahut2000 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:28 pm

is there a forum for these in English? those recaros would be great in my car I need to find some. awesome ride

alfa

Postby alfa » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:57 pm

ahut2000 wrote:is there a forum for these in English? those recaros would be great in my car I need to find some. awesome ride

They're the Recaro LS series seats. Alfa forums probably won't net you any but if you look at VW, BMW, and Porsche- especially VW and Porsche- forums, you can find some. They won't be cheap though. A pair without significant wear and tear runs $800+.

If I were parting out I'd ask for $1000.

JohnnyD
Club4AG Regular

Postby JohnnyD » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:53 pm

Does this have the rear brake calipers between the diff & axles like the GTV

alfa

Postby alfa » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:19 pm

JohnnyD wrote:Does this have the rear brake calipers between the diff & axles like the GTV

Yeah it has in-board brakes. Unfortunately it creates a heat issue with the rotors/calipers being next to the transaxle/exhaust, and also the lack of air flow to that location. This can be circumvented with drilled rotors(or vented)/exhaust wrap/brake ducts.