WTT Clean Subaru 2.5RS Coupe Rally Blue Pearl for AE86 GTS Hatchback

MrButterMyBiscuit
Club4AG Regular

WTT Clean Subaru 2.5RS Coupe Rally Blue Pearl for AE86 GTS Hatchback

Postby MrButterMyBiscuit » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:25 am

Lots of info and pictures in the Craigslist ad below. Will consider trades for a clean ae86 gts hatchback. If you have any questions or are interested, please send an email response using the Craigslist reply tool or email me at mrbuttermybiscuit@gmail.com Thanks!

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/c ... 71449.html
Last edited by MrButterMyBiscuit on Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.

CloudStrife
Club4AG Pro

Re: WTT Clean Subaru 2.5RS Rally Blue Pearl for AE86 GTS Hatchback

Postby CloudStrife » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:41 pm

Great GC8. Would be a hell of a trade for a GT-S.

I doubt anything as clean as yours will come up, as they can fetch higher re-sale. But something a little less minty will probably make it your way :P

GLWS! Great chassis.
Success guardian... Successsssssss..

MrButterMyBiscuit
Club4AG Regular

Re: WTT Clean Subaru 2.5RS Rally Blue Pearl for AE86 GTS Hatchback

Postby MrButterMyBiscuit » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:50 pm

CloudStrife wrote:Great GC8. Would be a hell of a trade for a GT-S.

I doubt anything as clean as yours will come up, as they can fetch higher re-sale. But something a little less minty will probably make it your way :P

GLWS! Great chassis.

Thanks for the kind words! I really love this car...it sort of fell on my lap when I was looking for 86's about a year ago. I'm approaching that point of "you've invested too much time and money in this car to go back. Are you keeping this long term?" So I figured I'd list it and see if anyone was interested. I've told myself that I'll be keeping it long term and going all out with an STI swap and roll bar if the car doesn't sell.

Hoping I can invest that money into an 86 instead though. It's been a childhood favorite of mine long before I even knew what InitialD was (I actually watched the show after I bought my RS!).

Take care!

xslowpokex
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: WTT Clean Subaru 2.5RS Coupe Rally Blue Pearl for AE86 GTS Hatchback

Postby xslowpokex » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:54 pm

Nice subie, love the 2doors ones, real sports car....its gona be tough to get a gts hatch as trade, i think a coupe mite be easier but you gotta get what you want bro....but lately ive seen dudes putting up for trade, s2ks, sr20 s13/s14, 350z, g35s, frs, and even saw some american muscle up for trade for a gts hatch so the competition is tough lol...good luck bro

MrButterMyBiscuit
Club4AG Regular

Postby MrButterMyBiscuit » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:49 am

xslowpokex wrote:Nice subie, love the 2doors ones, real sports car....its gona be tough to get a gts hatch as trade, i think a coupe mite be easier but you gotta get what you want bro....but lately ive seen dudes putting up for trade, s2ks, sr20 s13/s14, 350z, g35s, frs, and even saw some american muscle up for trade for a gts hatch so the competition is tough lol...good luck bro

Yeah, thanks man! I'm really set on a hatchback since I've wanted one for a long time. Patience is key as they say.

kingston
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby kingston » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:12 pm

I have a clean title 1985 GTS Hatch. It runs solid with a high comp motor, TRD 2 Way, Safety 21 Cage and coilovers. No interior except dash and door cards.

So if you want the race car look, I got one for you!

CloudStrife
Club4AG Pro

Postby CloudStrife » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:53 pm

Wow, bro I would try and trade something with a full interior when asking to swap for such a mint GC8 offering lol.

xslowpokex
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby xslowpokex » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:46 pm

CloudStrife wrote:Wow, bro I would try and trade something with a full interior when asking to swap for such a mint GC8 offering lol.
if the 86 is super solid mechanically, no accident clean titled, and straight its a better investment in the long run than the subie, interior is important but you can still find interior for sale, i think the mechanical bits are way more important, especially im these cars, any 86 owner knows what i mean...cuz if your looking for a gts hatch in the same condition or near the same condition as your subie, those 86 owner aint selling lol and if they are they more than likely want 15k+ atleast here in cali...you might have better luck out of state where 86 prices arent too inflated

CloudStrife
Club4AG Pro

Postby CloudStrife » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:08 pm

I'm just saying I got my clean title GT-S here in FL for 4500 running top shelf. Even with those parts IMHO, I don't think it's worth it. That Rally Blue paint code is also the most desirable, not many made and looks killer. The GC8's hold their value even better than 86's, especially the Coupe versions. A mint one would run the same as a mint 86. These are not cheap cars, especially because modifying them is very costly. I should know.. I used to have one LOL.

Just trying to give this guy a buffer, people think their Corolla is worth it's weight in gold -_-. I mean I love the 86 to death but it just gets crazy what people ask for such a simple car.

Even in Florida, which is the worst violator of JDM price gouging, you can snag this:
https://jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto ... 18444.html

And that's a CL price so.. you know... :twisted:

xslowpokex
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby xslowpokex » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:41 pm

I totally agree with you on how its a simple platform and prices are stupid, but the same could be said about a datsun 510, vw mk1, bmw 2002, rx3...they are sought after collector cars that usually start off at 10k for a descent good running one and the 86 is now in that niche...super clean 4-5k Gts's are no more unless you find one from original owner, which i think are still out there but not many im sure...IMHO your subie is a much better car than a 86, better performance, better mechanically, more modern...but i think a Gts hatch is more desireable, way more sought after and way more fun lol...hence why you want another one lol

CloudStrife
Club4AG Pro

Postby CloudStrife » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:54 am

LOL wait, I'm not the OP. .

I hate to keep a discussion going in someone else's thread, I understand what you say in comparison to the Datsun and Mk1, but the 86 is a much narrower community. Not sure if that makes sense, but it is a very niche.. Like only people who like these cars will pay the highest value. Not sure if that is clear, but take those old porsches, or the Datsun; people who aren't even auto enthusiasts will pay the premium for the car, not caring the work that went into it. The 86 is sold and bought at top dollar only by enthusiasts from what I've seen.

Above all, Corollas can, will, and still be bought dirt cheap. You can find good deals. Go look up GC8's, especially RBP color codes... they are not cheap, even in crap condition.

xslowpokex
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby xslowpokex » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:47 pm

Just saw one of these gems at the U Pick Parts junkyard(8103 Alameda st. Los angeles, CA) yesterday, it was just put out not wrecked everything looks excellent too, no tears or cracks in the interior...its an rs2.5, 2 door, same blue color, very sad to see it there : (, some one save it or atleast get all the parts and put them to good use.