• SCCA ProRally Series
• SCCA Regional and National Racing
• NASA Touring Cars
• NIRA
• NOPI
• Battle of the Imports Drag Racing Series

EIGHT REASONS TO CHOOSE BRAILLE:

1. Excellence
Great all around performance for small displacement motors. Using AGM racing technology, Braille Batteries have the highest PCA and CCA, more than any other battery in each weight class.

2. No Spill, No Corrosion, No Maintenance
Technically registered as a "sealed valve regulated" design, this patented technology completely eliminates acid spills and corrosion on terminals. This design is environmentally safe does not need filling and maintenance. Air shipping approved.

3. Exclusive Dual Terminal Design
A Braille Battery exclusive! This feature allows the battery to be mounted in a variety of positions. It is designed to accept racing, powersports and automotive terminals vertically and horizontally.

4. Stainless Steel Terminals
Stop loose battery connections with our robust stainless steel threads. These heli-coil design threads allow higher bolt torque and help keep your battery connected even in high vibration environments.

5. Exclusive Brass Auto Terminals
Included with every Braille Auto Battery are patent pending high quality brass SAE terminals. Designed to distribute the electrical load into and out of the battery. Designed for high amperage, high stress use of racing and audio competitions.

6. Green from Start to Finish
We employ a manufacturing process with the highest concern for the environment and quality. Recycled lead, plastic and stainless steel ensure we'll have a future to race towards.

7. Solid Top Lead Connectors
Shaken, not stirred - From 6 "G" NHRA drag launches, to 4 G cornering loads in Indy this design holds the internals firmly in place.

8. Performance Certified - Fully Charged
Every Braille Battery is individually tested and certified before shipping, eliminating DOA batteries. Fully charged and ready to install at time of shipping.

SELECT YOUR BATTERY AND PROCESS YOUR ORDER WITH US HERE:
http://www.nonstoptuning.rpmware.com/br ... 10160.aspx

Thanks all!

MIKE @ NST
MIKE @ NST
www.NonStopTuning.com
EST 2005

Red
Club4AG Expert

Re: NonStopTuning Offers BRAILLE'S Full Line Of Batteries

Postby Red » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:40 pm

Dunno, Mike. I always thought Braille was a damned expensive way to buy an AGM flat-plate battery, and that if you really wanted to put in a lightweight small powerful battery, Lithium would be the way to go. The Braille is a sexy package, but lithium would outperform it in every way, no?
-- Original owner, 1985 GT-S

NonStopTuning
Club4AG Expert

Postby NonStopTuning » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:52 pm

Red wrote:Dunno, Mike. I always thought Braille was a damned expensive way to buy an AGM flat-plate battery, and that if you really wanted to put in a lightweight small powerful battery, Lithium would be the way to go. The Braille is a sexy package, but lithium would outperform it in every way, no?

Actually, Braille Batteries are affordable for what they are. They pack the best performance punch for any brand of equal size and weight.

Braille also offers lithium batteries, and we offer them on our website. But by nature, lithium is more pricey than other varieties. If money is no object for you and you want a lithium battery, we'd be happy to sell you one. For the rest of us, AGM is the way to go.

MORE INFO: http://www.nonstoptuning.rpmware.com/br ... 10160.aspx

Thanks again!
MIKE @ NST
www.NonStopTuning.com
EST 2005

Red
Club4AG Expert

Postby Red » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:16 pm

I don't get "affordabel for what they are" unless what they are is sexy batteries.

The battery selector says there are no Braille batteries for my car, so that tool is broken. Poking around I find:
Part #: B4032
MSRP: $349.00 .Your Price: $329.80
Capacity 40 Amp/Hr Reserve
Output 740 CA
Size TBA [listed elswhere as similar]
Weight 32lbs (14.5kg)

And that compares to the Optima Red top, at full list price, which is way more expensive than other flat plate AGM batteries:
Optima Battery model 35
Cold Cranking Amps: 720
Cranking Amps: 910
Capacity: 44 Ah (C/20)
Reserve Capacity: BCI: 100 minutes (25 amp discharge, 80°F (26.7°C), to 10.5 volts cut-off)
$189.99 MSRP

The Optima is 40% cheaper ?! And that's for one of the most expensive AGM batteries on the market, at full list price??

Sorry, but I just don't get Braille's batteries as being anything but a "sexy tax".

NonStopTuning
Club4AG Expert

Postby NonStopTuning » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:30 pm

Red,

There is absolutely no reason to use a 32lb Braille in the AE86.
No Corolla on the planet requires that large a battery.

99% of our Corolla customers are using either the 15lb or the 11lb Braille on their daily driven, weekend, road racing, or drift cars.
The 1% that are using their cars as competition race cars only, are using something even smaller.
The NST Formula Drift AE86 has been using a 9lb Braille since 2010. The same 9lb Braille.

11lb Braille, B14115, at under $170.00.
http://www.nonstoptuning.rpmware.com/br ... 55811.aspx

15lb Braille, B2015, at under $200.00.
http://www.nonstoptuning.rpmware.com/br ... 52439.aspx

You absolutely do not have to take my word for it, ask any of the Braille users on club4AG or any of the car enthusiasts in your own town.

MIKE @ NST
MIKE @ NST
www.NonStopTuning.com
EST 2005

Red
Club4AG Expert

Postby Red » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:48 pm

Mike, You're missing the point. I just picked a "stock-ish" battery, which the JCI/Optima web site said is their model 35. Offhand I think we used a Group 26R battery as OEM stock size.

But I just picked the "stock" size and weight for comparison purposes. Comparing price and performance, apples to apples, the Braille is just damned expensive and I'd be delighted to see any reason for that expense. To some folks "sexy" is a good enough reason, I'm just curious to know if that's all there is to Braille.

As for not needing a heavy stock battery...that's a whole other discussion. Let's not change the topic by discussing why batteries should be a certain size or capacity, because if you've got a 20# Braille battery? I can show you a 20# flat plate AGM battery too. Same specs, same performance, incredibly lower price. Plain gray case, not sexy at all, won't impress anyone looking under the hood. Heck, I've used a 17AH (roughly 20#) AGM battery to start a marine diesel engine, it could certainly run a Corolla too.

And again, if I wanted real light weight battery for racing, I'd use a lithium battery anyway. At Braille prices, but with far better performance in every way.

Braille? I'm just not seeing it.

Like a Swarovski crystal cell phone case, some people gotta have it. I'm happier with my Otterbox.