What is this thing? Pics inside...

bener

What is this thing? Pics inside...

Postby bener » Mon May 20, 2013 2:18 am

The little mystery thing is taped up along with the air temp sensor that was removed when someone put a pod filter on the motor (black top 20v).

http://i.imgur.com/3UkJOCK.jpg

The led on top lights up when the engine is running. I assumed it was some sort of bypass to do with the pod filter install, but the uncut blue wire runs down to the bottom of the firewall and looks like it might go through, so I thought it might be connected to the ECU - maybe running it rich for a bit more go?

Any ideas? I'm going to have a proper trace of the wires tomorrow - just got the car yesterday and the guy I got it off had no idea. I am also going to chop the blue wire somewhere handy and see what it effects (somewhere I can rejoin obviously) unless someone thinks that's a very bad idea...

One more thing - I was thinking, without a cold air box, the pod filter is just sucking hot air, and it also isn't using the air temp sensor - would I be better off just going back to the stock filter box with a good filter element inside? The filter currently sits almost to the side of the air box (the top had been removed). You can see the edge of it in the pic.

Cheers!