FAT racing manifold worth it?

jakes_hachiroku
Club4AG Enthusiast

FAT racing manifold worth it?

Postby jakes_hachiroku » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:54 am

So fat racing used to make this cool looking carb manifold to suit one weber down draft carb or what ever brand carb fits lol ive been running two weber 40's on my 4age for drift and they have been ok but would there be any benefit at all to switch to just one down draft with this manifold? here is the link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/4AGE-SMALL-POR ... Fg&vxp=mtr

totta crolla
Club4AG Pro

Re: FAT racing manifold worth it?

Postby totta crolla » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:05 am

jakes_hachiroku wrote: would there be any benefit at all to switch to just one down draft with this manifold?

No...

jakes_hachiroku
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby jakes_hachiroku » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:32 am

totta crolla wrote:
jakes_hachiroku wrote: would there be any benefit at all to switch to just one down draft with this manifold?

No...

HAHAHA yea that's what I thought llolol I think they use these in like dirt circle track racing or something but I couldn't see why someone would run this instead of bike carbs or two side drafts :lol: :lol: :lol:

sirdeuce
Club4AG Pro

Postby sirdeuce » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:58 pm

This is from my Vdub days, but running a single carb compared to dual. single was a bit peaky and tended to favor the top end(weird since the runners were quite long) while the bottom was choppy off throttle. Part of the issues were due to manifold design and carb used, steel tube mani with Weber 44DCNF. Advantage of a single over dual? Balancing and tuning. A single is less labor intensive. Duals run much better. If you can get some 44 or 45mm slides it would be a great way to go!
One shot, one kill.