Blacktop + Centrifugal Supercharger

rocket
Club4AG Regular

Blacktop + Centrifugal Supercharger

Postby rocket » Fri May 19, 2017 6:27 pm

I'm doing research into adding a centrifugal supercharger onto my 20v blacktop. I was very successful with my Link engine management swap and need to plan the next thing!

I'm interested in the Rotrex C15-60, as the factory airflow of a blacktop at 8000rpm (on paper) really matches up well with the rotrex compressor chart. I'm only looking for 4-5psi. I'm planning to keep the factory bottom end. If I blow it up I'll rebuild or replace. It's a weekend car, no big deal.

It looks like this has been done a few times, but I can't find any clean integration kits. I can certainly fabricate the necessary brackets but honestly I'd rather benefit from the experience of others if there's a way.

It's in an 88 mr2, no power steering, but there is an AC pump I'd like to keep, but it's definitely able to go if it needs to. I'm planning to amass parts over the summer and start the project in the fall or winter. What resources or guidance can you offer? I definitely like the rotrex superchargers but I'm open to thoughts!

jondee86

Re: Blacktop + Centrifugal Supercharger

Postby jondee86 » Sat May 20, 2017 3:35 am

These guys might be able to help you out....
http://www.striker-cars.co.uk/toyota-4age-supercharger/

From memory, I think that this pic shows the final revision of their kit
after the extra idler pulley was added at the top. Not sure if they still sell
the complete engine setup, but there is a good chance they can provide you
with the bits you need for mounting the charger.

Cheers... jondee86
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one
persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress
depends on the unreasonable man.

rocket
Club4AG Regular

Re: Blacktop + Centrifugal Supercharger

Postby rocket » Sun May 21, 2017 2:11 am

Looks like they might be unwilling to play with USA people. I'll definitely reach out to them anyways, thanks!