4AGE Coolant Neck Question

Kitsunami
Club4AG Enthusiast

4AGE Coolant Neck Question

Postby Kitsunami » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:42 am

Hey all, I promise I always exhaust my search options first. Having trouble with the old site being down and damn-near all the old photo links being broken.

For my AE86 GTS build, I'm going to be using an AE92 remote thermostat setup so I can have an e-fan, I've read this is an awesome mod to do and that's the route I've chosen. I've looked at a bunch of plumbing diagrams to do this, but there's one thing that I cannot seem to clarify. All the pictures of people doing this setup show the same front coolant neck and for the life of me, I cannot figure out what type of neck it is, or what car it comes from. I would love some help identifying it.

I've included multiple pictures to show what I mean. The coolant neck I'm hoping you all can identify is circled in red.

Additionally, the standard 4AGE RWD front coolant neck has the bypass outlet on the bottom, but it's a female connection, Would I be able to modify this design to achieve the same thing (Perhaps welding into a male connection)?

One important thing to note, I'm going to be using the AW11 water pump / housing setup, so I cannot use the bypass as it was intended for the RWD application.

aukword1
Club4AG Expert

Re: 4AGE Coolant Neck Question

Postby aukword1 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:05 am

looks similar to a 4agze not 100% sure though. So you have the same water pump housing as pictured?

Kitsunami
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Kitsunami » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:09 am

aukword1 wrote:looks similar to a 4agze not 100% sure though. So you have the same water pump housing as pictured?

Yes I do, and I even have the AE92 complete remote thermostat assembly in my possession as well.

jdm86gtz
Club4AG Expert

Postby jdm86gtz » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:02 pm

If you have the AE86 GTS water pump, fit the AE92 thermostat housing to it.
One of my friends did it years ago to switch electric fans.

Kitsunami
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Kitsunami » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:42 pm

jdm86gtz wrote:If you have the AE86 GTS water pump, fit the AE92 thermostat housing to it.
One of my friends did it years ago to switch electric fans.

That's the thing, I don't have the AE86 water pump housing assembly. Looks like I have another part I need to source from somewhere. Oh joy.

But you answered most of my question, so thank you.