Brake and Battery Lights on

Keishi-Roku

Brake and Battery Lights on

Postby Keishi-Roku » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:00 pm

My brake and charge (battery) indicators are illuminated and I thought that the issue was the alternator. So I had just swapped it and they are still on. A very big part of my issue is my fuel pump isn't pumping when the ignition is turned to the 'ON' position and does not start. I remedied the starting by bypassing 12v power to the fuel pump so it can deliver fuel to the rail now and run the engine; but both lights are still illuminated while running. I just have bought a fuel relay and will conduct the swap soon. Just wondering if there are any issues that I might be missing regarding the lights.

GT-SR5 4AGE Engine. Running Lp Fuel pump > surge tank > Hp fuel pump > fuel rail > surge tank. Everything else is stock.

Keishi-Roku

Re: Brake and Battery Lights on

Postby Keishi-Roku » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:03 pm

okay did some hunting and the fuel pump relay is supposed to be powered by the BaTT, +B1 and +B leads from the ECU. that's how the swap electrical went so that's what im dealing with. So my main relay might be bad or my ECU but I already have swapped the ECU upon discovery and that was a no go. So maybe the main relay or efi main relay is my issue. I did notice a break in my 12v line from the battery just now so i'll splice that and see if that remedies the issue. I'll update this as I go.

From what i found my wiring goes:
[things before or coming into ECU] > Main Relay and EFI main relay > [ECU] +B1 +B and BaTT (combined to one wire) > Fuel Pump Relay > Fuel pump via blue and black stripe wire

jondee86

Postby jondee86 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:26 am

Something in here might be useful...
http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=53733

Cheers... jondee86
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one
persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress
depends on the unreasonable man.

Keishi-Roku

Postby Keishi-Roku » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:40 am

Alright so i've had this fixed for a while and it holds up. so get this. the +B post on teh alternator had a line going to the battery fuses. Following those lines is where that break in the wiring that i was talking about was. after changing the main relay and the repairing the break i was able to fix the issue. but get this. when i initially tried to repair that line it actually didnt work. i believe the main relay busted and warranted a replacement one. lucky found one at o'rilleys. So problem solved. the issue was the main relay and the alternator line going to the battery fuses.