7age 20v timing issues?

v33sonata
Club4AG Expert

7age 20v timing issues?

Postby v33sonata » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:05 pm

Im going to start out with ive been traveling the past 2 years so any replies or PM I have gotten sorry I have not returned them.

With that said right before I put the car in storage I got the 7age BT 20V engine swapped in and it was running. Not well but running enough for me to get to a storage facility. I figured it was the ignition timing but din't have time then to deal with it. SO a couple days ago I took her out of moth balls and started her up. under light throttle she revs fine but when at 50% to 75% she boggs down hard. Full throttle she will rev but miss fires and doesnt sound very happy to do so. So I dint have a timing light so I ended up advancing*(towards passangers side) the timing little by little until I ended as far down as it would go until the dizzy stopped and she runs better I can do 50% throttle but power is horrible and still messed up at 100% throttle. I got a timing light jumped the diagnosis port and can't get it any where near where it should be. Basicly if the timing marks on the engine were on the opposite side of the crank I would be in the ball park. However thats when I use the marks in the 7a pulley. When I put on the 4a pulley I can get it set with in spec. But the car barely runs. So what do you guys think??

Thanks in advanced!
Last edited by v33sonata on Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sirdeuce
Club4AG Pro

Re: 7age 20v timing issues?

Postby sirdeuce » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:07 pm

Did you degree your cams? The 7/4 A hybrid has an issue with the cam/crank timing. With the block being so tall the timing doesn't match. You'll need to get a crank sprocket that's been modified for the proper timing. Or, you can get the adjustable cam gears and delete the VVT sprocket. Or both!
One shot, one kill.

v33sonata
Club4AG Expert

Postby v33sonata » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:45 pm

Yes I have the modified sprocket.

v33sonata
Club4AG Expert

Postby v33sonata » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:51 pm

It was the damn STA wire. A while back we installed a push button start which did not give the signal needed to the ECU apparently. Now she is running just need to fine tune now!