silvertop head on stock blue top block?

notnilc20
Club4AG Pro

silvertop head on stock blue top block?

Postby notnilc20 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:17 pm

hey everyone. i finally took the plunge and entered the world of 86. i need help. :arrow: the guy i bought from, bought from another guy that was in the midst of an sr5 to gts conversion and he (the guy i bought it from) didn't do much more to it before selling to me. so i don't have a whole lot of info on what's been done so far. so far the bluetop is roughly installed but the seller said i should be able to use the 20v head on the 16v bluetop block. is this true? i have a ton of parts and you will see many questions from me in the near future. i appreciate your help guys.

yoshimitsuspeed
Club4AG MASTER

Re: silvertop head on stock blue top block?

Postby yoshimitsuspeed » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:01 am

It will take more time and money trying to piece the two together than it would to swap a complete 20v and ECU.

oldeskewltoy
Club4AG MASTER

Re: silvertop head on stock blue top block?

Postby oldeskewltoy » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:28 am

notnilc20 wrote:hey everyone.
so far the bluetop is roughly installed but the seller said i should be able to use the 20v head on the 16v bluetop block. is this true? i have a ton of parts and you will see many questions from me in the near future. i appreciate your help guys.

Do you have a complete 20V, or just the head? Maybe a bit of "accounting" of the parts you do have might help.
OST Cyl head porting, - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=300

Building a great engine takes knowing the end... before you begin :ugeek:

Enjoy Life... its the only one you get!