7AGE T-vis, keep it or toss it?

sirdeuce
Club4AG Pro

7AGE T-vis, keep it or toss it?

Postby sirdeuce » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:27 pm

For the 7AGE owners. Does the increase in stroke/displacement negate the T-vis effect? Does the T-vis enhance the stroke/displacement? Planned N/A operation. Thanks for the input!
One shot, one kill.

yoshimitsuspeed
Club4AG MASTER

Re: 7AGE T-vis, keep it or toss it?

Postby yoshimitsuspeed » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:03 am

If properly sized and tuned TVIS would benefit a 7A just as much as a 4A. So I think the question becomes whether the TVIS you plan to use is close enough to optimal to give you a more desirable power curve than an alternative.
If we were to go simple and say keep the TVIS mani then I would definitely keep the TVIS because the main restriction and limitation is the mani, not the TVIS. On the other hand if you were to compare a fully custom and properly tuned mani I suspect it's quite possible it would prove all around superior. Since it generally takes some R&D to get it perfect if you went with a one off mani it likely won't be perfectly tuned and therefor may come out a lot closer to the TVIS mani. My guess would be the non TVIS mani would likely offer a little more top end with a little loss in the overall curve.
Part of the question would definitely be power goals. Are we talking about 140 hp? Or 200 hp? For the former I would most likely keep the TVIS and try to open up the manifold a little where possible. If the latter I would almost definitely say get rid of it.

MisterJerk
Club4AG Pro

Re: 7AGE T-vis, keep it or toss it?

Postby MisterJerk » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:50 am

I would try it. I did on my frankenstein 16/20. I eventually kept it as I like the midrange. Unplugging it will keep the butterflies open. i drove it for a week both ways.