Turbo EWG Piping Question

Brendoninhawaii
Club4AG Enthusiast

Turbo EWG Piping Question

Postby Brendoninhawaii » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:56 pm

So I have a Tial 38mm wastegate, and have been reading on other forums that routing it back into the downpipe can cause power loss, is it really noticeable, and is their any other costs to doing so? I dont want to route it into the atmosphere, and find out if their is anyways to avoid the costs to routing it back into the downpipe. Also, if i can see some pics of how people have routed it, it would help too. Thanks!!!!

yoshimitsuspeed
Club4AG MASTER

Re: Turbo EWG Piping Question

Postby yoshimitsuspeed » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:18 am

Whoever said that routing it back to the exhaust needs to lay off the crack pipe.

Brendoninhawaii
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Brendoninhawaii » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:27 am

yoshimitsuspeed wrote:Whoever said that routing it back to the exhaust needs to lay off the crack pipe.
thanks for the response yoshi! was thinking of going with something like this: http://www.verociousmotorsports.com/Sho ... less-Steel , would this be suitable?

jinx
Club4AG Expert

Postby jinx » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:05 pm

why even bother with the added complexity, weight and cost of a big ol' clumsy external ?
10sec full street buick GNs, 2.3 fords, DSMs, etc... all fine on integral wastegates
just a thought

Brendoninhawaii
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Brendoninhawaii » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:51 pm

jinx wrote:why even bother with the added complexity, weight and cost of a big ol' clumsy external ?
10sec full street buick GNs, 2.3 fords, DSMs, etc... all fine on integral wastegates
just a thought

i got an external one already, and want to put it to use :(