looking for the sr5 to gts swap write up with pics...

psycho ae86
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: looking for the sr5 to gts swap write up with pics...

Postby psycho ae86 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:20 pm

Project Car had two issues on sr5 to gts with Taka Aono issues 15 and 16.

Jeonsah
Club4AG Expert

Postby Jeonsah » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:36 am

Literally, the best way to do an SR5 to GTS swap is to have both cars on jack stands waiting to be torn apart. You will take everything off of the SR5 and throw it away (except the interior). Then you will unbolt everything from the GTS and throw it on the SR5. I would first start off by removing the engine/transmission. The first thing I would bolt onto the SR5 would be the fuel lines and electrical harnesses. Once these are done, everything would bolt into place relatively easily and clean. Also, the SR5 and GTS have a few different metal pieces in the engine bay. The GTS model uses a welded on bracket on the driver side shock tower for the coil/ignitor. The SR5 model does not contain this and it comes with a circle bracket on passenger side of the engine bay near the headlight. This can be removed during the swap.

Project Car magazine is what you need. There used to be a thread on how to do it specifically by Assassin10000 but Its been lost (hopefully Moto has some of the old threads backed up somewhere....)

ga_goosh
Club4AG Pro

Postby ga_goosh » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:37 am

I <3 my AE86

4AG Manual
AE86 FSM