Help with 95 4Runner

carbd7age
Club4AG Pro

Help with 95 4Runner

Postby carbd7age » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:23 am

Hey gang, my buddy has a 95 4Runner with the 3.0L and it's having trouble. It's at his house, so I have no tools or equipment other than what I bring with me.

It will start and idle, but dies when you hit the gas. He told me the cat was bad and asked me to cut it off, since the welds were junk and he already had a new new one, I chopped it off. It was clean as a whistle and you can see right through it. So I started checking other things. I went to the TPS. I tested it with a junk multimeter and it tested bad, so we bought one and it still does the same thing. I don't want to keep throwing money at it. Where should we look next? I keep thinking the igniter could be bad.
Eric'sFreeAE86 from the old site
Knockoff Crew member #0001

ga_goosh
Club4AG Pro

Re: Help with 95 4Runner

Postby ga_goosh » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:56 pm

pull the engine codes to see if the o2 sensor is good. if thats not it manually open the afm to see if it will rev. is there any cracked intake hoses? might be a vac leake or post metered air leak. did you check if the tps was set properly? does it idle rough?
I <3 my AE86

4AG Manual
AE86 FSM

carbd7age
Club4AG Pro

Re: Help with 95 4Runner

Postby carbd7age » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:43 pm

Ah thanks for the reply! Turns out he messed with it more and gave up, it's been towed to a shop and it's out of my hands lol. But yes the TPS was right and it idled smooth until you hit the throttle; then it dies.
Eric'sFreeAE86 from the old site
Knockoff Crew member #0001