AE82 Sedan Suspension Question

D.W.A.I
Club4AG Regular

AE82 Sedan Suspension Question

Postby D.W.A.I » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:18 pm

What's up everyone! I own a 1987 corolla sedan, i just call it an ae82 sedan. Well my question is simply what are my options for suspension wise. It is the single cam motor, three hole top mount. Please if anyone can help i thank you in advance.

D.W.A.I
Club4AG Regular

Re: AE82 Sedan Suspension Question

Postby D.W.A.I » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:12 am

Any help?
Front wheel drive single cam 4a.
If I can figure out suspension for this car I would love to turn it into a project as this is not a very popular model.

jondee86

-ALL YOU EVER NEEDED TO KNOW ABOUT AE82 SUSPENSION UPGRADES-

Postby jondee86 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:22 am

http://webspace.webring.com/people/va/ae82power/ae82sus.html

Maybe this will get you started ?

Cheers... jondee86
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one
persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress
depends on the unreasonable man.

D.W.A.I
Club4AG Regular

Re: -ALL YOU EVER NEEDED TO KNOW ABOUT AE82 SUSPENSION UPGRA

Postby D.W.A.I » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:16 pm

Cheers... jondee86[/quote]

Thanks for a reply! Didn't notice til now. I have read that page before, just not interested in GC sleeves as they are a bit expensive for me.
This is my first car, so I'm learning as I go, and investing in sleeves at that price is a little above my level.
I only drive the car to school and back for now, but would like to build it up a bit.

Anyone selling 15" wheels? Let me know, socal locals only please.

jrae82
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby jrae82 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:31 am

U have a couple options for suspension

Ae82 King low springs with Ae82 kyb gr2 shocks
(You can also run kyb agx front sw20 in the front)

Ae82 King low springs with Ae92 koni cartridges/shocks

For coilovers

Ae92 coilvers need to modify. Drill an extra hole in the front so Ae92 tophat can line up or just switch over ae82 top hats. rear u need to elongate bottom mounting hole

Gc coilover kit with ur choice of shocks. Either Ae92 koni or tokico will do good

EBay Ae101/111 coilover kit. Gc bumpstops cut in half and ur choice of shocks. Cheapest way with results in having an okay
set up with availability to go low

sirdeuce
Club4AG Pro

Postby sirdeuce » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:57 am

For the price of a set of adjustale shocks and Ground Control sleeves/springs you can have a set of BC struts. Or you can look around for a set of GC springs someone isn't using anymore. I went the route of the BC struts and can't wait to see what they're like. And if you want the GC springs, I have a set posted in the classified section. But save your money and get the coilover assy. Don't bother with all the modification crap, it'll cost you more in the long run.
One shot, one kill.

sirdeuce
Club4AG Pro

Postby sirdeuce » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:06 am

For the price of a set of adjustale shocks and Ground Control sleeves/springs you can have a set of BC struts. Or you can look around for a set of GC springs someone isn't using anymore. I went the route of the BC struts and can't wait to see what they're like. And if you want the GC springs, I have a set posted in the classified section. But save your money and get the coilover assy. Don't bother with all the modification crap, it'll cost you more in the long run. Look for a cheap GC set and get some decent dampers, at least your height will be adjustable and the spring rates can be played with. DON"T cut your front bumpstops without checking your wheel to fender clearance you will have contact that can damage your tires! I cut mine, hard corners bottom out the suspension FAST!
One shot, one kill.