20v blacktop with 6 bolt crank

phanist
Club4AG Expert

20v blacktop with 6 bolt crank

Postby phanist » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:29 am

hi club4ag..

so this engine been sitting in my garage for about 4month now... suppose i order a 20v blacktop 4age from jdm engine import.. but they sent me this engine with a 20v blacktop head and maybe a4afe or 7afe block. after removing the external part etc... as i about to swap over my 16v flywheel from my 16v motor i came to find out that this 20v only have 6 bolt crank... not what i remember a original black to have.. i work with two other blacktop beofre and tey both have 8 bolt crank. it this possible to mix match head and block? and will this engine run at all? i only ask because i do a google search and see an old post off the old club4ag forum some guy was asking about this conversion.. so idk what to do with this engine since it just sitting in my garage waiting for if JDM want it back..........

any one have knowledge to this?
thank

yoshimitsuspeed
Club4AG MASTER

Re: 20v blacktop with 6 bolt crank

Postby yoshimitsuspeed » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:58 pm

You are right. Any 4AGE should have an 8 bolt crank. I would pull the head off to see what pistons are in it. Can you post any pictures of the engine so we can see what coolant pipes, timing belt tensioner etc that it has?

phanist
Club4AG Expert

Postby phanist » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:16 am

sure i take a couple picture of it once i have a chance,,,...
or link to another post that have some picture of this engine here >>>>>>
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3539

yoshimitsuspeed
Club4AG MASTER

Postby yoshimitsuspeed » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:40 pm

Definitely looks fishy.

Can you get access to a bore scope? If not then is there any way to see down the spark plug hole and see the top of the pistons? Even better would be to get a pic of them.

If none of the above are possible I would pull the head off and just get this resolved for sure finally.