SOLVED! 20v BT hard bogging/Runs Rich ZZE110 Swap

NoisyBoy
Club4AG Regular

SOLVED! 20v BT hard bogging/Runs Rich ZZE110 Swap

Postby NoisyBoy » Sat May 25, 2013 4:13 pm

Bought the car swapped, im slowly figuring it all out.
Since i got the car, this power problem has been off and on. It was very intermittent in the winter, and with the warmer weather now it has plenty of power when its hot out, and returns to crap when its cold. Its getting much worse infact, on my way home from work today it bogged so hard on me it would not accelerate at all i had to to put my hazards on, until it started to pick up in a chunky fasion. If its dark enough i can see darkish smoke coming from the tail pipe under hard acceleration weather the power is lacking or not, it smells rich as ive been told by a few and black tail pipe.
Ive tried connecting and disconecting VVT, TPS, both make differences but do not cure the problem at all, you can just tell they are unplugged or not. Tried un plugging MAP, pinching fuel pressure regulator line. At the moment, if i rev the car to about 4 or 5k, it will backfire, like its getting too much fuel, not enough air. Tail pipe is blackened, and just a few days ago i had a cat-made(2 1/4 to glasspack, 2 1/2 to muffler and out), so it was clean a few days ago. Acceleration is also very chuncky when the problem is occuring, like dead spots in the rev range, almost making your head lean forward and back because the car feels as if its hitting walls.
Recently found out O2 was not wired and Air temp was absent, had both of those wired in. Also learned from the guy who did the swap he had it running with 1zz fuel pressure regulator (FPR from now on) on the pump in the tank, and the one on the 20v was capped off. So i fixed this, water welded the FPR on the 1zz pump and ran a return to a fitting on the pump, its funny on the under side of the pump there is a whole that looks like a return line is supposed to go in there. There are no leaks, and i did the right line. Problem did not fix. I was told the speed sensor is hooked up, but ill be looking into that shortly, as well as a list of other things. I am in dire need of help here, as its not simply a pep problem any more, its drive-ability. To top it off, ive reset the ECU (pull main 40amp) everytime ive hooked up return, o2 air temp, pump, etc, and it comes right back, especially in this cool weather.
HELP HELP HELP!
If someone could point me in the direction of the speed sensor so i can check that too that would be awesome!

NoisyBoy
Club4AG Regular

Re: 20v BT hard bogging/Runs Rich ZZE110 Swap

Postby NoisyBoy » Sat May 25, 2013 5:06 pm

Just checked OBD1 codes, ive got codes 24, 41, 52

NoisyBoy
Club4AG Regular

Re: 20v BT hard bogging/Runs Rich ZZE110 Swap

Postby NoisyBoy » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:01 pm

This was solved long ago, the car was running on an incorrect MAP sensor, a friend had the OEM blacktop MAP sensor and the problem was fixed.