removed

Ava92
Club4AG Enthusiast

removed

Postby Ava92 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:22 am

never mind :)
Last edited by Ava92 on Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gaijin_rokurunner
Club4AG Pro

Re: S2000 cluster into Blacktop 5MT AE92?

Postby gaijin_rokurunner » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:27 pm

im currently doing a setup in my ae86 using aftermarket ecu and 6 speed tranny from an altezza. I know there a few issues with temp sensors not working correctly in other cars but there a company that makes something called a modifry that fixes that...google it. My tranny has a electronic speed sensor so im wiring that to my cluster and using something alled the little yellow box from Australia...with this box i can modify the signal to calibrate the tach to reading the correct mph....my cluster is the AP1 from japan and reads only in KPH so im going to modify the signal to read MPH and calibrate it with a gps while driving so i have accurate speed. The fuel gauge will also not read correctly so i bought another module ( have to find it and get the name for you) that i can use to modify the signal it sends to the cluster...i can set a full, half full and empty signal so that solves that...the rest Im not worried about i got individual gauges that read oil temp and pressure as well as water temp.
20v power.....powered by Orion's Demise!

PamelaVermons

Postby PamelaVermons » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:31 am

So what are the major alternatives of it? It may favorably works for us.

Ava92
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Ava92 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:07 pm

I would pay $1000 for a plug-and-play sort of kit ...minimal work on my end.... any AE86 guys done the s2k cluster swap themselves? It can't be much different for AE92 with fwd C5x trans right?

Not You
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Not You » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:15 am

gaijin_rokurunner wrote:im currently doing a setup in my ae86 using aftermarket ecu and 6 speed tranny from an altezza. I know there a few issues with temp sensors not working correctly in other cars but there a company that makes something called a modifry that fixes that...google it. My tranny has a electronic speed sensor so im wiring that to my cluster and using something alled the little yellow box from Australia...with this box i can modify the signal to calibrate the tach to reading the correct mph....my cluster is the AP1 from japan and reads only in KPH so im going to modify the signal to read MPH and calibrate it with a gps while driving so i have accurate speed. The fuel gauge will also not read correctly so i bought another module ( have to find it and get the name for you) that i can use to modify the signal it sends to the cluster...i can set a full, half full and empty signal so that solves that...the rest Im not worried about i got individual gauges that read oil temp and pressure as well as water temp.

JDM and USDM are the same clusters. If you want to switch from KPH to MPH you just hold down the "SEL" (Select) button until it beeps and switches.

If you want to run the S2 cluster you need a signal converter for the Water temp signal, SpeedoHealer, and possibly a MSD tach converter. I know the S2 cluster works with the 4AGE tach and no converter is required, im not so sure about the BT. If your speedo is mechanical then you will need to modify a Camry speed sensor and use the SpeedoHealer. My stock fuel sender worked fine. If you wanted a plug and play kit, im not sure how the AE92 connectors are on the cluster but for an AE86 you would need to send the whole dash harness out and have the plugs cut and wired in parallell with the converter boxes you would need.

PS. I have an AP1 cluster for sale :mrgreen:

Blof-fan
Club4AG Regular

Postby Blof-fan » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:00 am

Why not just use a digital instrument cluster from a AE92 itself?
Driving : '92 Toyota Carina E 2.0 GTi Liftback
Restoring: '89 Toyota Corolla AE92 GT-S Coupé
Had to let go: '92 Toyota Corolla AE92 GTSi Hatchback

Ava92
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Ava92 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:24 am

I find it pretty ugly and dated-looking i have LHD so it fits to the right of the steering wheel and looks strange.

Any more info for this? Would pay $1000 for a plug and play kit

Blof-fan
Club4AG Regular

Postby Blof-fan » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:33 am

Left hand drive you say? And I guess you do not have a Coupé? (That has a pretty much symetric dash...)
If you have to use a long gauge cluster, then yes...it does look strange but apart from some wiring and changing the feul and watertemp. sensors it is pretty much plug&play (if you can source one that is) ;)

And dated looking? The entire car is dated! :lol:
Driving : '92 Toyota Carina E 2.0 GTi Liftback
Restoring: '89 Toyota Corolla AE92 GT-S Coupé
Had to let go: '92 Toyota Corolla AE92 GTSi Hatchback