does this C160 have a LSD?

GZE_RA21
Club4AG Enthusiast

does this C160 have a LSD?

Postby GZE_RA21 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:27 pm

What's up C4AG?

So I've had an interesting time with my 20vBT 86 recently... long story short I needed a new blacktop. Found one locally from a JDM importer with a 6 speed on it, when I talked to the shop owner he said it was a non-lsd trans.

Not too big of a deal for me as I won't be using it anyway, but it was worth it to pay a couple extra bucks for the 6 speed because a friend of mine with an aw11 is looking to do a 6 speed swap at some point.

Fast forward a week, I got the engine/trans, confirmed it was a six speed and went on my merry way one 20v richer. Upon returning home I checked it out more throughly and was really surprised to find what the internet claims is the indication of an LSD in my axle input on the C160....

Can anyone a little more transaxle savvy chime in on this? It would be super cool to have accidentally got an LSD C160 out of this deal, I understand these trans arent very common stateside, let alone the OE helical LSD equipped ones.

Thanks in advance!

GZE_RA21
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: does this C160 have a LSD?

Postby GZE_RA21 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:34 am

bump for an answer? anyone?

Gino1X1
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: does this C160 have a LSD?

Postby Gino1X1 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:22 am

Yeah hi!! And happy new year to you.

What I have found out about these was that the LSD equipped C160s were only available on the Superstrut suspension equipped Corollas. And even then I've found out that depending in which market they were sold..... blah blah you know.