no pulse to injectors

WarBeard

no pulse to injectors

Postby WarBeard » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:57 am

Hey gents,

My mr2 aw11 about a year back started low idle stalling driving back from johnstown to fort collins co, a 30-40 min drive. Had to gas it to keep idle and it died on the journey once. Next day i try going to work and the car just wont start now. It has 10k on the engine rebuild and all the parts on the engine, water, oil pump, Alternator, gaskets are new. The ignition computer and coil are new and i have a known good spare. I have spark, timing, fuel, and fuel pressure. I put noid lights on the injector plugs and got no signal. Tomorrow im going to use the diagnostic plug to see if it pulls any codes but the battery has been dead for a while and i'll be jumping it to pull the codes so....who knows if i get any. I built the engine in the car so im not a f*ckwit about its functions i just dont get Some electrical stuff (coming from a guy that did IT for 3.5 yrs in the Corps) I cant really afford to take it to a shop so info is what I need. If there is a forum that has covered this, please, link it. i have a multi meter and access to other tools. Tomorrow i will post the results of my finding with the codes. thank you very much for your input.

jondee86

Re: no pulse to injectors

Postby jondee86 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:55 pm

If the battery has been dead flat, then any codes that the ECU was holding
are probably gone. First thing to check would be your grounds... the ECU grounds
(several brown wires that all ground on the same bolt at the rear of the intake
manifold), and the coil (grounds thru the outer casing to the chassis). Anything
that looks like a ground, check with your multimeter. There should be next to no
resistance measured between the wire and the chassis (or between the battery
negative post and the chassis).

When you have a charged battery hooked up, you can try some voltage drop
testing as outlined in this link from the FAQ...
Electrical Fault Finding 02 - CONTINUITY Testing

Cheers... jondee86
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one
persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress
depends on the unreasonable man.

sirdeuce
Club4AG Pro

Postby sirdeuce » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:36 am

While checking the grounds check the injector resister as well.
One shot, one kill.

WarBeard

Postby WarBeard » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:30 am

Alright jumped me car with a friends truck. No start, of course, just to access the ecu. No codes of course. I have a multimeter so ill look up how to find grounds and whatnot....any tips are waaay appreciated. I haven't touched a multimeter since 2010 in afghan so i dont really remember much of how to use it effectively.

WarBeard

Postby WarBeard » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:41 am

Also i dont know if this helps but ive spliced my alternator wire about 4-5 times.

MisterJerk
Club4AG Pro

Postby MisterJerk » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:46 am

check the ground on the intake manifold, verify maf is connected. try starting it with the diag jumped.

especially the ground.

jondee86

Postby jondee86 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:17 pm

WarBeard wrote:Also i dont know if this helps but ive spliced my alternator wire about 4-5 times.

If you jump it with a charged battery, your alternator does not need to be
working. If it was gonna start it would run off the jump vehicle battery.

Cheers... jondee86
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one
persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress
depends on the unreasonable man.

WarBeard

Postby WarBeard » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:26 am

Alright, i have tomorrow off. Ill check my grounds and maf. Also, i wasnt saying it was a problem associated with the issue at hand but that a few times in the past i had spliced the alternator cable. If that could somehow lead to greater Knowledge of the Issue cool but if not then please dismiss this information. :) ill post the results tomorrow.

saiGone
Club4AG Expert

Postby saiGone » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:54 am

If you open the MAF w. key on, you should hear your fuel pump prime. If it does, then its not your MAF.

Check your injector resistor box as well. It needs to be grounded on a metal bracket. check to make sure the wires are good. you can also unplug and jump the connector to see if this is the culprit. Good luck!
Image8.jpg"/></a>
Club 4AG member since 05 (Formally SaigonsSon)