96 Geo Prism

kuddster
Club4AG Regular

96 Geo Prism

Postby kuddster » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:04 am

I know the Geo is a Corolla. I know it has the 7AFE. I know a 16v 4age will fit right in, so will the 7AGE hybrid. What I want to know is how to obtain a Blacktop 4AGE w/ 6spd trans to swap into this beast. It has 0 rust, and only 105k miles on it. I want to build a sleeper car out of it, and keep a 5spd shift knob on it to throw people off when they get in it. I have searched ebay and each time I feel like I have the money to dump into one off ebay, the listing disappears and then I spend the money on something else, losing all hope. I know I need everything that a half cut would provide, I just have no clue where to start. Google is no help, forums are no help. I have found guides on how to do the swap, but not how to get it. Thanks in advance. (BTW I still have my 87 Corolla FX16 but I am not butchering that car for anything. It's too original and I love it)

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

rollacpe
Club4AG Regular

Re: 96 Geo Prism

Postby rollacpe » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:51 am

Ok I see you are in WV. Fortunately for you there are a few JDM engine importers on the East Coast.

Links to 2 20v swaps on East Coast:
http://japaneseengineimport.com/product ... ain-swaps/
http://www.jdmenginezone.com/engines/jdm-toyota/

Look for front clips too that way you get all the peripherals.

Good luck.

kuddster
Club4AG Regular

Postby kuddster » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:07 am

Hmm, thanks that's exactly what I was looking for. I apologize for not posting my location. I do love my FX16 but I think i'd have more fun with the prism and the 6spd/blacktop combo, you or anyone else think someone would trade my FX16 for everything I need? The FX was my first car. It was black, 3 speed auto, and I loved it. And I thought the FX16 I have would make me want it more but instead I just lost complete interest in the car. The amount of work and parts I had to put into it just to get it to stop being dangerous was, disappointing. I want someone to enjoy the car for what it is. I could list all that I put on it if needed.

rollacpe
Club4AG Regular

Postby rollacpe » Wed May 04, 2016 7:59 am

Youre welcome Kuddster. Sounds like you have a nice FX16 on your hands, you should try your luck in the Cars for Sale section on this site.
I really think that your FX16 with the 20v swapped in would be the ticket, just my opinion. Good luck!

Disable adblock

kuddster
Club4AG Regular

Postby kuddster » Wed May 04, 2016 9:36 am

You misunderstand, I want the 20v for my prism. And I want someone else to enjoy the FX16.

rollacpe
Club4AG Regular

Postby rollacpe » Thu May 05, 2016 11:00 am

Haha..

No I understand clearly Kuddster.

I merely recommended keeping your FX16 and swapping in the 20v, as I think that would be a riot to drive.

If you want the 20v for your prism then rock on!

Make an ad for the FX16 in the for sale section, that section sees alot of traffic

Theres one for sale there right now for 5g's!!

kuddster
Club4AG Regular

Postby kuddster » Fri May 06, 2016 10:53 am

Ohhh! Okay. I was tired when I read your post. lol. Yeah I want a great little sleeper corolla, masked as a Geo Prizm. It will be hilarious. Especially since nobody is expecting a Geo to be anything special to begin with. The car was given to me, by my grandmother and it's an automatic and I hate it (slushboxes are the devil), but I have nothing else to drive. The FX16 was being repaired all last year and was continuously for sale on multiple sites, (craigslist, facebook groups, etc.) But nobody had any interest in it in my area (and I just don't love the car like I did when I got it). I just really want to take a weekend and do a swap with a couple of buddies. I think it will be a riot on the highways. ;) Plus, with a 5spd shift knob, it will be hilarious to see a friend of mine freak out.

kuddster
Club4AG Regular

Postby kuddster » Wed May 25, 2016 5:17 pm

<rant> I will never buy another FX corolla again. nobody likes them and nobody wants them. i'm fed up with having been trying to sell this car for 1.5 years now. </rant>

Alex170984
Club4AG Expert

Postby Alex170984 » Thu May 26, 2016 8:28 am

I'm trying to get a hold of some geo prizm 10.3:1 pistons - any decent companies in the US?

taroroot
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby taroroot » Sat May 28, 2016 3:13 am

kuddster wrote:<rant> I will never buy another FX corolla again. nobody likes them and nobody wants them. i'm fed up with having been trying to sell this car for 1.5 years now. </rant>

Don't bother selling them, just have fun with them! I'm on my 4th, so there is somebody who likes them, just not willing to pay a lot, which is part of the beauty. I finally blew the 16v 4AGE in my latest so Im swapping in the 20v that was in my second FX. It was a pretty hack job so I'm doing it better.
I do want the two metal support bars for the intake. Everyone seems to throw those away, but I want to use those.
The FX makes a great rallycross vehicle!

kuddster
Club4AG Regular

Postby kuddster » Sun May 29, 2016 1:56 pm

I can't afford to keep it. Wife says the cars in the yard have to go cause it looks like a junkyard. I'd love to be able to drive it but we just cant afford it. Better to sell it and pay the bills than keep it and not be able to drive it. I LOVE the car but the car didn't love me back. Not like the first one I ever had did. I also don't have a way to get it to tracks either.

kuddster
Club4AG Regular

Postby kuddster » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:23 pm

Delete this topic please. It's not longer relevant due to me no longer owning the Prizm. Thank you.

Disable adblock

Return to “TECH: Corolla FWD / MR2”