Here's what I have
Ae92 sr5 4af cArbed complete

Mr2 Mk1 Torn down engine transmission in car

Engine block completely cleaned ready to be installed

Mr2 Parts

All miscellanous parts

The important stuff
Perfect 7 rib block
40 mm crank from junkyard with .25 undersized mains I managed to keep the old scuffed up bearings
I have 3 rods and Crapped out pistons so i need 1 rod and 4 new pistons

4 rods and pistons 42 mm red and blacktop complete I even have rings but
the crankshaft is toast The ONLY engineer here in the area wants 70 to fix the rod journal and 50 to polish and 70 for bearings.

So what would you guys do.

Fix the 42 mm crankshaft use the old perfect rods and pistons that i already have

or use the 40 mm blue top crank that came of a 87.5 thats in good condition only I dont have the right pistons now because theyre crap. 3 rods only lets not even consider that i have pistons

so i need 1 rod and 4 pistons

So long story short

42mm need crankshaft refurbished $190 i had rod knock its out of round

or

40 needs 1 rod and 4 pistons plus the labor to install them 100 pistons 45 1 rod and i dno how much labor is

OR i was thinking maybe i could use the head of the 4age on the 4af block which is in my card and running right now perfectly. I spent SOOOO many hours perfecting the old carbon gunked up valves I took the whole thing apart cleaned it spick span clean and not its just waiting like a puppy to be installed on an engine. I basically have a could be 500 dollar head only its not because I didnt get it resurfaced I basically did engineering work minus porting ITS CLEAN. I lapped the valves with a dremel and a rubber tube so NO LEAK its amazing how clean it is It was so caked on i couldnt even scrape it IT WAS THAT BAD....jeez i hated it but it was fun only the hard part was getting the springs and retained on and off OMG i had no tool to do it so i made a spark plug socket with a cut on the side to compress it and have a tiny space to work with omg it was hard i cut myself so much

If i do the 4age head on 4af block my brain tells me id have lower compression that the normal. *super charge that bitch* right?

and if i do will the 4af intake fit on the 4age and what will i do about the exhaust?

i have both exhaust obviously so i am torn over what i should do.

:ugeek: