4age blacktop c52 tranny rebuild or buy another?

Corollita67

4age blacktop c52 tranny rebuild or buy another?

Postby Corollita67 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:11 am

Question, Are all c52 trannys use the same internal parts when rebuilding one?
Recently I change the struts,axles,hub bearings,lower ball joints and outer rods so I'm guessing that some bearing is mess up in the tranny where the axles mount. Can this be fix with out dropping the tranny or time to ebay one,some help here guys...Thanks

canyon_carvers
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: 4age blacktop c52 tranny rebuild or buy another?

Postby canyon_carvers » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:58 am

All C52 transmission internals are the same. If you're going to fix the issue, the transmission need to be out of the car and disassemble to replace any of the bearings, synchros, gears, etc... I don't know what your skill level is but obviously this is not a job for a novice. You could buy a used one or you could take your transmission to your local transmission shop and have them repair it for you.

Corollita67

Postby Corollita67 » Thu May 07, 2015 7:25 am

.Debating about if I should wait intill I can get my hands on the jdm axels especially the passenger side.I did this swap myself and the only issue I always been is the USA axles are weak The jdm passenger side is a 2 piece axle with a bearing on a bracket attached to the motor and I think this gives the tranny a better life...I have replaced twice both axels and now it seems that the inner bearings are bad and hopefully only those are bad.What I'm after is those jdm fwd axels especially the passenger side and can't find them and for get ebay ($295 with shipping yeah wright ) shipping is expensive... I'm curious if the USA 4A family axles can be manipulated to make it fit on the ae101, I like the jdm because the passenger side comes with a bracket and bearing attached to the motor while USA axle it only has a rubber damper in the midle. I wonder if USA 4a family or other toyotas out there some how axels can be manipulated to make one like the jdms and forget Ebay they are way to expensive to ship is $180 plus axel and the majority of this 20v sellers don't get them when they buy this engines....Looking for options.....Thanks for your time...

Yegor

Postby Yegor » Thu May 07, 2015 8:27 am

Rebuilding a C52 tranny is pointless, it will cost 3 or 4 time more then getting a used one. Just look for a low miles one in the junkyard or save up your money for a 6speed. They are worth every penny.

Don't waist your money with JDM axles. Get an used OEM axle and rebuild it your self with OEM toyota axle boot kit. part # 04438-20131. I have yet to fiend an after market company that make axles as good or better then toyota. All after marker axles i have ever tried are garbage.

Corollita67

Postby Corollita67 » Fri May 08, 2015 7:01 am

The stock jdm axels are much beefy while USA axels are thinner my oem axels are life time warranty so no problem to get a new one.... using a 6spd Tranny will require the ECU ... I'm trying to find what is causing the Axels to go bad so quickly. ..Maybe motor mounts,alignment something is causing it...

Yegor

Postby Yegor » Fri May 08, 2015 9:41 am

What do you use your car for? DD? Auto-X? Drags? or track?

taroroot
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby taroroot » Sat May 09, 2015 7:49 pm

Yegor wrote:Rebuilding a C52 tranny is pointless, it will cost 3 or 4 time more then getting a used one. Just look for a low miles one in the junkyard or save up your money for a 6speed. They are worth every penny.

Don't waist your money with JDM axles. Get an used OEM axle and rebuild it your self with OEM toyota axle boot kit. part # 04438-20131. I have yet to fiend an after market company that make axles as good or better then toyota. All after marker axles i have ever tried are garbage.

I rebuilt my transaxle so I wouldn't say its quite pointless, but its a bunch of work.
Yeah, aftermarket OEM replacements are junk. Kept snapping them and this was with stock engine. Of course this was in rally-X with a LSD. Solved that problem going custom with Driveshaft Shop shafts, and they specified actual OEM joints. They came right out and told me aftermarkets are not strong but actual OEM ones are good. Used OEM inner joint and they made the rest of it custom. Problem is finding original OEM shafts though, most people replace with aftermarket because its much easier than rebuilding shaft. I'm guilty of that.

Corollita67

Postby Corollita67 » Sun May 10, 2015 5:55 am

[quote="Yegor"]What do you use your car for? DD? Auto-X? Drags? or track?
Is a DD with a kick that Hondas say **** it runs good...Is a sleeper...

Corollita67

Postby Corollita67 » Sun May 10, 2015 6:09 am

Taroroot, I positively sure that some axle from toyota that come in two pieces can be swap with other to make the wright one...Maybe from a celica or mr2 will work...I believe the inner shaft is a 26 teeth and the outer is 23 teeth...If I can get my hands on the passenger axle I'm sure my local Axel rebuilders can make something to fit ...They are pretty good but haven't drop by them yet..

Corollita67

Postby Corollita67 » Sun May 10, 2015 6:12 am

Will love the 6 spd tranny but the price with the ecu is almost $700 plus and still want the ecu ...But even like 5hat I will still want the jdm axels oblver the USA ones....I belive the two pice axel will give a better life to the tranny.

Yegor

Postby Yegor » Tue May 12, 2015 4:07 pm

I run my corolla in the endurance races, so i cant have stuff fall apart on me. Used Oem axles rebuild with OEM parts last me over 200 track hours and some of me drivers jump curbbings and they still work fine. After market ones that we tried fall apart with in the 1st hour. So what if it had life time warranty it's not like i will stock every hour to replace the axles.
but if you think JDM axles is the answer for you then go for it

Corollita67

Postby Corollita67 » Wed May 13, 2015 11:49 pm

Changing axels is a piece of cake,2 hours done deal....Since you have have great overcome with the stock axels I just going g to wait intill it falls apart LoL...Going foward with the 6spd tranny....The shop want it $400 plus parts,this is if I take the tranny to them, $900 If they take out the tranny...No thanks....