m2 spring review

turboae92
Club4AG Enthusiast

m2 spring review

Postby turboae92 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:14 am

At the moment I have b&g sport lowering springs with monroe shocks.I like the stance lower on the front higher on the back but it too soft on corners.Doing some research I found m2 lowering springs on ebay for $100 , the price is not only thing attractive but the specs did.The spring rate 280f/220r and they are for 93-97 corolla.My previous spring have been with similar shocks and 1.no brand blue spring which sucked (too soft on the rear).2.eibach pro which did handle better but did no Lower alot.If anyone have this spring on corolla comment please

sirdeuce
Club4AG Pro

Re: m2 spring review

Postby sirdeuce » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:25 pm

Have you thought about going with Ground Control or full coilovers?
One shot, one kill.

turboae92
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby turboae92 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:24 pm

Yes I have, I don't like the idea too much.Because how you keep those sleeves from moving around if you don't weld and we know we cant weld shock body with oil or gas in it.

yoshimitsuspeed
Club4AG MASTER

Postby yoshimitsuspeed » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:19 am

It sounds like you have inserts. If you do you can just take them out when you weld.
I am currently working on making a coilover based off of the stock strut tube but the sleeves will be welded to the housing like a proper coilover.

turboae92
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby turboae92 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:06 am

I tossed the original one out so I'm screwed.so u would be using an original ae92 shock body with a shorter shock insert???.This will work great for the front but not the rear cause cant be take apart.

sirdeuce
Club4AG Pro

Postby sirdeuce » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:45 am

You can cut the top off the rear strut body and weld a screwed top on from a donor strut. I did this with one of my FX16s. I used the body from an AW11 MR2 front strut for the rear struts. Make it work! Modify and adapt. Or just get a set of purpose built parts. Lots of coilover sets available out there. I you factor in the cost of a good set of springs and adjustable shocks you get close enough in cost to justify coilovers. Since coilovers would be in your thoughts for a long time after putting the money into springs and shocks, and the possible upgrade in performance over those springs and shocks, the coilovers are really your best bet. My 2 cents, save your time and money and just get the coilovers.
One shot, one kill.

turboae92
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby turboae92 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:20 am

You are right at the end of the day it's better to go coil over cause all this modifications is not as good as real purpose build part.

Kando
Club4AG Regular

Postby Kando » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:18 pm

First off, the springs you found on ebay sound like they are made for another car, as the rates were backwards from what an MR2 would use (higher rate in the rear for MR2), and wouldn't fit your car to start with. Secondly a lot of your current problem is the struts, not the B&G springs. Soft struts will make even relatively stiff springs feel soft. The only really decent oem style springs are the Eibachs. If they don't drop the car quite enough for you than just cut a bit off the bottom end of each spring until you get the height you want. This will stiffen the springs slightly as well, but not that much. If you think about going coilovers, beware, almost all of them come with extremely stiff springs compared to oem, with strut valving to match. Few, if any, companies are willing to customize the spring rate and valving to anything approaching slightly modified stock.

canyon_carvers
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby canyon_carvers » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:22 pm

do you have pictures of your car with the B&G springs? If you do, could you post it? I like to see how the car sit with those springs.