clutch issue???

ayang951

clutch issue???

Postby ayang951 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:54 pm

So long story, I have a 1997 camry 3.0 manual. on day this car just out of nowhere from regular driving, I clutched in and the pedal never came back up, so I towed to the car home. Then I thought it could have been the master and slave cylinders so I replaced them both with a gravity bleed. The pedal still has the same problems but a little better, now the pedal feels really soft and wont engage all the way, and sometimes the pedal wont come back up after i clutch in so I would manually pull it back up with my feet. So I thought, maybe I didnt bleed the system right, so I took it to a shop and had them bleed it, they told me after they looked at it, there are no air bubbles in there and I did do it correctly, but I told them to do it anyways just to make sure. After so, the shop mentioned that it might be the throttle bearing and pressure plate. So I replaced those as well and the car is still having the same problems. I basically replaced the clutch system and the pedal doesnt hold pressure and when I step on it all the way down to the floor I have problems shifting into gears and etc. rough have to almost slam it in and grind it just to get it in, almost like the pedal is not pressed down all the way (which it is) and another point is that when im at a stop on first and clutched in, the car will slowly try and move forward like as though a automatic would if i wasnt pressing on the brakes, and if it was, feels like im trying to choke the engine. Oh yeah before I forget sometimes when im accelerating the clutch pedal will for some reason depress and I would have to manually bring it back up with my left foot.

A little back round of the car, all original except:
rack and pinion
clutch disc
clutch pressure plate
throttle bearing
timing belt
starter
altenator
spark plugs
fuel filter

car has 159XXX miles on it
ac and heater works amazing still

So if someone that has had this problem and know how to solve it, or just plain out know how to solve this I would really appreciate it, its driving me crazy and a money pit.

Pictures :

jondee86

Re: clutch issue???

Postby jondee86 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:21 pm

Have a read of this...
http://my.prostreetonline.com/2013/11/20/faq-what-is-crankwalk/

If the clutch plate and pressureplate are good, and the throwout
bearing is good, crank walk is about the only thing left that can
cause your clutch to go over center and stay down.

Your clutch is dragging, and I guess that can be part of the problem
unless the new throwout bearing got installed wrong. Was the old
throwout bearing trashed, or was it still looking OK when it was pulled ?

Cheers... jondee86
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one
persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress
depends on the unreasonable man.

Rogue-AE95
Club4AG Expert

Re: clutch issue???

Postby Rogue-AE95 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:40 pm

ayang951 wrote:Then I thought it could have been the master and slave cylinders so I replaced them both with a gravity bleed.

I'm confused... did you replace the master & slave cylinders with new ones?
'88 Corolla All-Trac x2 (manual, auto)