20v silvertop swap TE72

Cochese35
Club4AG Regular

20v silvertop swap TE72

Postby Cochese35 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:48 am

So I've researched here and there but most people who have done it have been really vague and told me to just buy an ae86 shell. As of now, i have a silvertop with engine harness, an electric fan, the sq rwd coolant swap kit, a blacktop ecu to run velocity stacks, megan motor and trans mounts. I plan on using coilpacks. Im in the process of buying ae86 engine and trans crossmembers, manual rack, gauge cluster, steering column, gts drivshaft, and gts t50 transmission. I plan on buying the distributor block off cap, coilpack mounting plate, a gts body harness, a pilot bearing, koyorad radiator and ae86 coolant hoses. Anybody who has swapped in a 20v into a te72 or has some knowledge on the subject, would you be able to provide any details that Im missing or at least confirm if Im pretty much set? I want to make sure I have everything needed for this swap. Thanks in advance for those who can help.

oldeskewltoy
Club4AG MASTER

Re: 20v silvertop swap TE72

Postby oldeskewltoy » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:04 pm

Cochese35 wrote:So I've researched here and there but most people who have done it have been really vague and told me to just buy an ae86 shell. As of now, i have a silvertop with engine harness, an electric fan, the sq rwd coolant swap kit, a blacktop ecu to run velocity stacks, megan motor and trans mounts. I plan on using coilpacks. Im in the process of buying ae86 engine and trans crossmembers, manual rack, gauge cluster, steering column, gts drivshaft, and gts t50 transmission. I plan on buying the distributor block off cap, coilpack mounting plate, a gts body harness, a pilot bearing, koyorad radiator and ae86 coolant hoses. Anybody who has swapped in a 20v into a te72 or has some knowledge on the subject, would you be able to provide any details that Im missing or at least confirm if Im pretty much set? I want to make sure I have everything needed for this swap. Thanks in advance for those who can help.

20V into an E7 isn't all that tough... after all it is just another 4AGE

If you are retaining the TE72s differential, then you'll need the rear half of an SR5, or the TE72s driveshaft. Also I didn't see a clutch... but assume you know you need one.
OST Cyl head porting, - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=300

Building a great engine takes knowing the end... before you begin :ugeek:

Enjoy Life... its the only one you get!

Cochese35
Club4AG Regular

Re: 20v silvertop swap TE72

Postby Cochese35 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:19 pm

An ae71 would be as easy as doing it into an sr5, but with a te72, im not sure which parts that support the 3tc would be compatible with the 4age. And I hadnt put that in mind. Thanks.