Quad Throttle question.

FrgtnKnt

Quad Throttle question.

Postby FrgtnKnt » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:09 am

Just a quick question regarding the ST and BT throttle boddies. My question is are they a strait bolt on to a 16V head or do I need an adaptor plate of some kind to make them work?

yoshimitsuspeed
Club4AG MASTER

Re: Quad Throttle question.

Postby yoshimitsuspeed » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:53 pm

You need an adapter plate

FrgtnKnt

Postby FrgtnKnt » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:23 am

Alright thanks for the info. Do you know where I can get a plate? And also what else do I need to convert to get the throttles to work on the 16V.

yoshimitsuspeed
Club4AG MASTER

Postby yoshimitsuspeed » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:00 pm

What are you trying to do?
Is this a performance build?
Are you on the stock engine management?
Is running open stacks a requirement or would you run with the plenum and AFM?
Are you trying to make power or do you just want the looks/sound?

FrgtnKnt

Postby FrgtnKnt » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:59 am

Ok to start off they are going to be used in a performance build. I am currently building my GZE. As for engine management I am still looking as to what I am going to run cause I don't really know what works well which is another question I would like to bring up.

yoshimitsuspeed
Club4AG MASTER

Postby yoshimitsuspeed » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:22 pm

On a GZE you want the TB before the SC.

FrgtnKnt

Postby FrgtnKnt » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:43 am

That would be so If you had top mount SC, when the SC acts as the actual Intake Manifold. But with the GZE and other I4's where the SC is mounted under the Intake Manifold there is no way to get a TB to the SC. So the TB is after the SC due to the SC location.

yoshimitsuspeed
Club4AG MASTER

Postby yoshimitsuspeed » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:44 pm

FrgtnKnt wrote:That would be so If you had top mount SC, when the SC acts as the actual Intake Manifold. But with the GZE and other I4's where the SC is mounted under the Intake Manifold there is no way to get a TB to the SC. So the TB is after the SC due to the SC location.

Have you looked at the stock GZE or any other supercharged motor for that matter?
It's not about location it's about driveability. You will have no throttle modulation with TB post SC. It will be like an on off switch instead of a throttle. Many have tried and all have gone back to TB pre SC once they drove it.

Even if you went post SC going ITBs would be a massive waste of money with a GZE. Single TB would work just as well, or in this case just as poorly.