TE 4AG wiring

ANTuno

TE 4AG wiring

Postby ANTuno » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:10 pm

First thank you for reading this, hopefully someone could help me out! I scored a TE72 wagon '81 with a 4AGE swap already completed. The swap runs well but the wiring is not clean. It seems to have plenty left over from the 3tc still in the bay. I am cleaning it up, but somewhat stuck on what I should remove or dont need. I used the search feature but didn't find anything related or specific, what I am hoping for is an image, how to or build of what to connect, remove etc... I have googled but most results are from overseas MAP based swaps. Any leads are appreciated.

BTW been a lurker for years. I have retired from USAF And finally jumped back into a corolla after my last one 22+ years ago, lol!
1981 TE72 Corolla Wagon 4AGE USAF RET

oldeskewltoy
Club4AG MASTER

Re: TE 4AG wiring

Postby oldeskewltoy » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:46 am

ANTuno wrote:First thank you for reading this, hopefully someone could help me out! I scored a TE72 wagon '81 with a 4AGE swap already completed. The swap runs well but the wiring is not clean. It seems to have plenty left over from the 3tc still in the bay. I am cleaning it up, but somewhat stuck on what I should remove or dont need. I used the search feature but didn't find anything related or specific, what I am hoping for is an image, how to or build of what to connect, remove etc... I have googled but most results are from overseas MAP based swaps. Any leads are appreciated.

BTW been a lurker for years. I have retired from USAF And finally jumped back into a corolla after my last one 22+ years ago, lol!

Not sure I can help you much... other than to point you to buying the FSM specific to wiring... I bought my pair from Faxon Literature

IDEALLY you can score the wiring manual. I did a search on Faxon and they do have the overall manual, but alas not the wiring one - http://www.faxonautoliterature.com/1981 ... 21078.aspx -
OST Cyl head porting, - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=300

Building a great engine takes knowing the end... before you begin :ugeek:

Enjoy Life... its the only one you get!

ANTuno

Postby ANTuno » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:14 pm

Thank you, Ill look into it. I found the downloadable for the 4AG. I'm hoping someone outhere who has completed one to share some insight. I'll post a pic of the bay in the AM to assist.

ANTuno

Postby ANTuno » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:38 am

ANTuno

Postby ANTuno » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:20 am

Small update..will change things around as I fam myself with it. Specially some of that wiring across the valve cover :shock: