TE 4AG wiring

ANTuno

TE 4AG wiring

Postby ANTuno » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:10 pm

First thank you for reading this, hopefully someone could help me out! I scored a TE72 wagon '81 with a 4AGE swap already completed. The swap runs well but the wiring is not clean. It seems to have plenty left over from the 3tc still in the bay. I am cleaning it up, but somewhat stuck on what I should remove or dont need. I used the search feature but didn't find anything related or specific, what I am hoping for is an image, how to or build of what to connect, remove etc... I have googled but most results are from overseas MAP based swaps. Any leads are appreciated.

BTW been a lurker for years. I have retired from USAF And finally jumped back into a corolla after my last one 22+ years ago, lol!
1981 TE72 Corolla Wagon 4AGE USAF RET

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

oldeskewltoy
Club4AG MASTER

Re: TE 4AG wiring

Postby oldeskewltoy » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:46 am

ANTuno wrote:First thank you for reading this, hopefully someone could help me out! I scored a TE72 wagon '81 with a 4AGE swap already completed. The swap runs well but the wiring is not clean. It seems to have plenty left over from the 3tc still in the bay. I am cleaning it up, but somewhat stuck on what I should remove or dont need. I used the search feature but didn't find anything related or specific, what I am hoping for is an image, how to or build of what to connect, remove etc... I have googled but most results are from overseas MAP based swaps. Any leads are appreciated.

BTW been a lurker for years. I have retired from USAF And finally jumped back into a corolla after my last one 22+ years ago, lol!

Not sure I can help you much... other than to point you to buying the FSM specific to wiring... I bought my pair from Faxon Literature

IDEALLY you can score the wiring manual. I did a search on Faxon and they do have the overall manual, but alas not the wiring one - http://www.faxonautoliterature.com/1981 ... 21078.aspx -
OST Cyl head porting, - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=300

Building a great engine takes knowing the end... before you begin :ugeek:

Enjoy Life... its the only one you get!

ANTuno

Postby ANTuno » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:14 pm

Thank you, Ill look into it. I found the downloadable for the 4AG. I'm hoping someone outhere who has completed one to share some insight. I'll post a pic of the bay in the AM to assist.

ANTuno

Postby ANTuno » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:38 am

Disable adblock

ANTuno

Postby ANTuno » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:20 am

Small update..will change things around as I fam myself with it. Specially some of that wiring across the valve cover :shock:

Disable adblock

Return to “TECH: Corolla FWD / MR2”